Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When?

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I have a STB 6 year old.  I swear to God, I can't turn my back for even a second and the little brat has my house destroyed and I don't care what you think, I actually call her a little brat right to her face.  She's an only child and a spoiled brat - I'll admit that.  She gets away with murder when my mom's around.  My daughter's the only grandchild on my side.  When do you get to stop having to literally watch every move your kid makes so your home won't be destroyed?  She's got plenty of toys and I give her enough attention.  I'm a stressed out single SAHM.

by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2maryjoseph
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Here's a bump. 

oahoah
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I would suggest working on discipline and try to get grandma on board with that too.  My 6 year old is pretty good but there are times when he gets into everything, my jewelry box, our junk drawers, etc; it's mostly boredom and our house is pretty childproofed so I don't worry too much about it.  As far as your DD goes make sure she is either helping you clean up the messes or that she is losing a privilege (or whatever discipline method you come up with).  My kiddos have to pick up toys/messes before we go out or do anything new. Good luck.

kcook55
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM

i would take her toys away if she cant pick them up she more than old enough to. i agree with pp start working on discipline now or its only going to get worse and get grandma on board too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)