Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is This Okay Or Weird?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Okay, I have a mother of a little boy who just turned 5 and is in my daughter's class as my Facebook friend.  I remembered her from school.  We went to the same school although she graduated ahead of me.  Anyway, she posted Easter pics of her 2 sons.  I happened to see that our kids' teacher is one of her Facebook friends and had commented on the pics.  Is it weird to have your kid's teacher as your Facebook friend assuming you've known them just since the beginning of the school year and not your whole life? 

by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oahoah
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I don't think it's weird but that's just me.

kcook55
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM

i think its weird and would never accept a teacher on my fb page there personal stuff i put on there and frankly its none of his teachers business

michellem1275
by New Member on Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I have my child's kindergarten teacher as a friend, but I work with her and we are friends.

alaskansglmom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I have my daughters kindergarten teacher on my facebook. I talk to her a lot though in school and out.

Jasperiah18
by New Member on May. 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Not weird to me. I would love to be at that communication level with my son's Kindergarten teacher!!!

kdgord
by Member on May. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Weird...I don't really think it is weird at all. Inappropriate maybe but I think it really depends on how well you know the teacher. If you knew them before the school year started or have really gotten to know them during the year and feel comfortable with them reading everything you post then go for it. I have my son's teacher assistant as a friend on facebook. I have known her for many years and so I added her. I also added her before I learned that she was the assistant in my son's class.

mommy2xp
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:29 PM

If I was a teacher I dont think I would want to have parent's on my fb but as a parent I would love to have that easy communication available.  I dont think it's weird though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)