Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another baby?? ....you say yes and he says no!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

Has anyone been in the situation where you were contemplating having another baby and your husband was done?  How did things work out?  I already have 3 boys whose ages are 5 years, 3 years and my little one just turned a year old today.  I am 37 and my husband worries that the baby might develop an issue such as downs syndrome which is more of a possibility as you get older.  I think I'm healthy and would be ok, although I wouldn't want a child with any issues either.  We had talked about our baby being our last one for awhile, but now I guess I'm wondering what if......we did have another one??  If we did, I would get my tubes tied afterwards.  He tells me that we can always adopt in a couple years if we still want another child, but honestly I don't see us doing that.  I think thats something he said more to make me feel a little better about not having another baby.  I do tend to get stressed and frustrated with my 5 and 3 year olds so I thin thats another reason for him.  Its just frustrating.  This question has turned into a bit of a rant on my part, sorry.

Any thoughts or stories you might want to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wendy

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
winnie100
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I guess no one reads and or comments on anything in this group anymore.  =0/  Anywho......if anyone happens to read this, I talked to my husband again about wanting another baby and he seemed to be more agreeable this time.  He just smiled and laughed a bit when I mentioned it again.  He had talked to a friend at work and the friend has said watch ....she's going to want another baby now.   Well, the friend was right.  I'm very excited that we'll be going for baby # 4.  =0)

kreativekids
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM

hi winnie, i have 2 kids a 5  year old boy and 2 year old girl. I would like to have more kids kids but my husband doesn't want any more. We have this conversation all the time but sometime when they drive me crazy, I understand why he doen't want anymore. lol.

winnie100
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hi Kreativekids,

My boys drive me nuts too from time to time but I love them regardless.  I'm sure you feel the same about your boy and girl.  I thought I'd be done with 3.  I mean originally my husband and I wanted 3-4 kids but we felt I was getting a little older to have a 4th baby.  So, I had in my mind that my last baby (who just turned a year old) was my last one.  I knew this during the whole pregnancy and told everyone it was bittersweet since he/she was our last one.  I also didn't find out the baby's sex since it would be our "last" and I wanted to make it special.  I've even been getting rid of the baby's clothes and some larger toys once he's outgrown them.  Then I had gotten sick and my husband kept saying....your pregnant.  I didn't think I was, in fact, I knew I wasn't.  But just hearing him saying that I was pregnant over and over I felt like ....hmmm, I might want another baby.  Then the more I thought about it I realize I did want another baby.  After hearing him mention the "pregnant thing" I figured he'd be happy about it too.  I mean he wouldn't be angry if I had gotten pregnant, maybe just  surprised.  We're not using anything to prevent it, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.  He was going to get "snipped" but then decided that he wasn't prepared for it.  =0/   I'm 37 years old and will be 38 in september so I thought I'll give this one more shot.  I proposed it to him like this.....my oldest with be in kindergarten next year, which is all day, my 3 year old will be starting pre-k next year so he'll be in school for 2 1/2 hours and I'll just have the baby.  Plus, I told him that I'd even get my tubes tied after I had the baby so we wouldn't have to worry about birth control or him having to get "snipped"......in the end, he just smiled and went along with my crazy idea.  I stay home with my kids so they do tend to push my buttons more.  Although, now I'm trying to live in the moment more, whether I'm changing a diaper, playing with my baby or reading to my big boys.  I'm also trying to stay calmer when disiplining them.  So far its going well and I'm not getting quite as frustrated.  I know its always easier said than done.  I'm also trying to remind myself that they are kids and they aren't always going to do what they should and but the key (for me) is to try to pay more attention to the good things and just enjoying them while they are still little.  I'll be an old lady before I know it.  lol    I hope your husband changes his mind.  =0)  BTW, thanks for the comment. 

kreativekids
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

your welcome. Keep talking to him sometime things can happen without your control. When i had my son, my husband told me he didn't want any more kids and 3 years later by suprise i was pregrant with my daughter. Things can happen. good luck and let me know what happen.

winnie100
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Hi kreativekids....... I know I'm really late getting back to you. I am pregnant....14 weeks along already. At the point when I was sure I was pregnant I continued to keep it a secret from my husband. I wanted to know how along I was first. I didn't tell him until I wad 8 weeks. I knew for 2 -3 weeks before that dr.appt. I told the same day as my 1st appointment. My next appt is in Feb and I should be able to find out the sex. I hope your husband changes his mind. :0)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)