Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Will you be taking a ROAD TRIP this summer?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Where will you be going?  Are you taking the kids?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM

We are planning quite a few road trips this summer.  We are going to Lake Erie for a few days and we will also be visiting a few battlefields from the French & Indian War and Revolutionary War that are in the Pittsburgh area.  My boys are very much into military and like to check out the old forts, canons, and such.

Barabell
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Yes.  We haven't decided yet when we'll be going.  We're going to take our son also.

We're going to visit my mom's side of the family, including my grandma. They live near the PA/OH boarder, close to Lake Erie.

Bmat
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Yes we are going to Amish country Pennsylvania and taking day trips from there.

krystlewv
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:53 PM

We are going to Colonial Williamsburg,Bush Gardens and Water Country USA in August. Thats about 5 hours from my house.

millerbunch
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM

yes.. we are planning on driving to Cali. (we are in KY).. to visit my hubby's family..

it will be the whole family going :) 

Barabell
by on May. 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM

It's funny that the first three posts were of PA.  Unfortunately, I think I have much further to drive than the other two do.  Oh well.

bhwrn1
by on May. 4, 2010 at 5:56 AM

We may go down to MD for a weekend to visit some friends, but other than that, no b/c we'll go to Aruba at the end of the summer for two weeks.

MrsDavid
by on May. 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Our big vacation this year is a road trip.  We are traveling from AZ to Nebraska with some out of the way stops along the way.  I have mapped out about 3500 miles round trip of things we will see and do.  The kids are coming with us...it will be their first road trip and I am aprehensive about it because our teen is not all that fun to be around right now. 

We will be gone almost 2 weeks.

mrswillie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Yes!  We9dh, ds15, dsd15 and I) are going to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Jessica020410
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Yes, we are, but not decided for sure where exactly. We will be taking the kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN