Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Travel Foods

Posted by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

Are you more lenient about unhealthy food options when you travel or do you insist on the same healthy choices you have at home?

My daughter loves to order pasta when we are out, because white pasta is a treat for her.

Robin in Chicago

by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on May. 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM

We are usually more lenient when we are out and about, although we try to steer them towards the more healthy options.

Bmat
by on May. 10, 2010 at 7:57 AM

We are more lenient. 

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I try to stick to the healthy items that I am used to at home. I might try a new dessert while on vacation, but I will follow that up with sometime at the hotel gym or pool.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Umm when we are traveling my kids usually have the same types of food they have at home.

RobynS
by on May. 10, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Yes, we are more lenient when we travel. If we weren't, I think we'd go completely insane. And by 'we', I mean 'me.' LOL

jrp0606
by on May. 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

i think it depends - when we are driving is about the only time we will go to fast food joints - but when we are visiting family etc I do try and stick to the same eating habits i would at home

Barabell
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:16 PM

We are more lenient.

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:39 PM

we pretty much eat whatever we want when we are on vacation... it's a special treat!

owensmom34
by on May. 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM

We try to choose more healthy options but it is vacation and we don't go often so we are more lenient I would say. 

My kids love pasta too! 

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM

We have been in the past, but since "Food Inc" we will be more aware of where we're stopping, and what we eat.

I generally pack so much snack food that we rarely have to stop anyway. But there will be NO more fast food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN