Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Do you and your family hike?

Posted by on May. 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you like to hike?  do you have favorite trail? 

by on May. 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 11:18 AM

dh and I both love to hike and lucky for us there are probably close to 100 amazing hiking trails within a hour of our house... there are about 20 just within 20 minutes!  They range from super easy to very challenging!  Our favorite trail is the Cape Horn Trail.  It's a 7 mile loop and even though it's long it's a fairly mellow trail.. it goes under a small waterfall at one point and at another point you can see for MILES down the river.  it's absolutely beautiful!

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Yes, we do. We have a local park that was a ton of different trails. You hike a different trail all the time.

steelcrazy
by on May. 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM

We hike often and bike ride too.  In the small town near my house, they turned all of the old railroad tracks into hiking/biking trails and they are very nice.  You can go for miles and there are quite a few places where there used to be switch tracks so you have to choose which way to go.  We go different ways every time, some are more difficult than others due to the hills and valleys in PA.

krystlewv
by on May. 10, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Yes, we do when we go to my moms. The National Forest is right by her and they have great trails. We hike to Hillscreek Falls, which has 3 water falls on different levels. Its gorgeous but you had better be in shape for the 800 steps it takes to see them.

Barabell
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I like to, but I work weekends and don't have as much time off to do things like that as I would like.

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM

that sounds awesome!  we have quite a few different trails with water falls around here.. those are my favorite ones!

Quoting krystlewv:

Yes, we do when we go to my moms. The National Forest is right by her and they have great trails. We hike to Hillscreek Falls, which has 3 water falls on different levels. Its gorgeous but you had better be in shape for the 800 steps it takes to see them.

rkoloms
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:18 PM

My daughter loves to do urban hiking, through the shopping areas!

Robin in Chicago

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:22 PM

LOL!  well that can be pretty intense sometimes!

Quoting rkoloms:

natesmom1228
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Quoting rkoloms:

That is my kind of hiking also, lol

RobynS
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:41 AM

I love hiking, but we haven't really done it as a family yet. We will, though! =) There's a park in Indiana we like called Turkey Run. I've been going there since I was a kid. It's beautiful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)