Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

A Tourist in your own town.....

Posted by on May. 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever made like you were a tourist in your own town???

One year when I was short on vacation time we actually got a hotel room and ran around town doing things we never done before. Just something about a hotel (with a pool) can make you feel as tho you are in another town.

by on May. 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM

no, but that is a great idea. I might have to try that,lol

steelcrazy
by on May. 10, 2010 at 2:26 PM

We have spent time doing all of the touristy things around here, but have never stayed in a hotel to do it.  We have a pool of our own, so the hotel pool isn't a draw for us and I really don't like hotel beds, they aren't comfy at all!

Barabell
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I would like to spend more time being a tourist where we live.  We moved here just under 5 years ago, and I wish I had more time to explore.  That is just soo much to do. 

I prefer to stay at home instead of hotels, but we've done that before for daytrips if it's in our funds.  Usually my son does have one out of town hockey tournament a year, and that's when we spend the night in a hotel in our own state.

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM

we have not done that but it sounds like a great idea.... we might have to try that some time.  i kow when you live in an area it's really easy to never get around to doing some of the local stuff!

rkoloms
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:17 PM

We usually do this the last week of summer vacation. We go to Chinatown, the top of the John Hancock Builiding, The Field Museum of National History, Navy Pier, etc.  If we can find a great deal, we will spend a night at a hotel, but we usually just take public transit.

Robin in Chicago

RobynS
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I live in a very small town... not much of anything touristy to do! But in a bigger city I think that's a great idea!

krystlewv
by on May. 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM

How about Daniels Vineyard and Exhibition Coal Mine and Vetrans Memorial Museum?

tcb101897
by on May. 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM

i have not done that but i have acted like a tourist in my own town.  I have decided this year why not just go sightseeing and see things that are close and interesting. I have lived all my lift in NYC and i have never gone to the statue of liberty, ellis island and such i have also located several very nice state parks close by and even in staten island where i live there is historic richmond town to go look at so time to see these things and enjoy my hometown.

tricia

bhwrn1
by on May. 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM

My town is tiny. We don't have any kind of hotels or anything in our town! Sounds like it might be fun, though.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:16 PM

We practically are tourests in our town lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)