Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

camping in the yard?!

Posted by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM
  • 20 Replies

do any of you guys ever set up a tent and go camping in the yard?

by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:49 PM

i havent done it with the girls yet but i remember as a kid we used to do it all the time.  we had 7 acres and we would always go set up "camp" in the little field right behind the house and pretend we were out in the woods!  it was a lot of fun!

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:08 PM

We love to. We have a big yard and the tent is usually a permanent fixture during the summer.

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM

my BIL is 15 and he LOVES to camp in the yard during the summer... gets him away from his sisters (they are 18 and almost 17... haha)  the tent is a permanent fixture in my MIL's yard all summer too....

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Quoting miller060905:

my BIL is 15 and he LOVES to camp in the yard during the summer... gets him away from his sisters (they are 18 and almost 17... haha)  the tent is a permanent fixture in my MIL's yard all summer too....

We are pretty busy in the summer, but there is always a night available to camp out in the yard. We also have a fire pit so its just like camping when we fire that up.

rkoloms
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Not for a long time; we have too many skunks...

Robin in Chicago

miller060905
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:21 PM

oh yikes!  our dog used to keep the skunks away whn i was growing up... i hate skunks... they are pretty much the only animal i will swerve for!  haha!

Quoting rkoloms:

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Quoting miller060905:

oh yikes!  our dog used to keep the skunks away whn i was growing up... i hate skunks... they are pretty much the only animal i will swerve for!  haha!

Quoting rkoloms:

I have seen a couple around here, but not to many. I saw a baby in the road by my house once. We walked right by it and prayed it wouldn't get us, but it just went the other way.,

steelcrazy
by on May. 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM

We have a tent up in our back yard for most of the summer, we also have one that has only been used inside - the boys love to camp out in the familyroom a couple of times a year when it is too cold to camp in the yard.  With living on a farm, there is plenty of room to have a tent up for months on end.

natesmom1228
by on May. 10, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

We have a tent up in our back yard for most of the summer, we also have one that has only been used inside - the boys love to camp out in the familyroom a couple of times a year when it is too cold to camp in the yard.  With living on a farm, there is plenty of room to have a tent up for months on end.

There would be no place to put a tent in my living room. My son has made a fort in the living room, but that can come down when I decide I done looking at it.

Barabell
by on May. 10, 2010 at 10:30 PM

We haven't done that.  My DH would rather take my son out into the woods and camp there instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN