Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

do any of you guys ever set up a tent and go camping in the yard?

by on May. 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
RobynS
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:43 AM

We don't have a tent yet, but I've been thinking about this. DS would be thrilled to camp out in the yard! As soon as we get a tent, I think we'll have to do it.

krystlewv
by on May. 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM

We do this, matter of fact our tent is set up right now!

jrp0606
by on May. 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM

we did when we were kids and had friends sleeping over - i think it was my parents way to keep us out of the house and quite -  i am sure we will do it with DS when he gets older

bhwrn1
by on May. 11, 2010 at 12:47 PM

We have set it up, but haven't actually camped in it yet. My oldest really wants to do this with Daddy this summer. We'll see if it happens.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM

my husband wants to do it really bad but we camp all the time for real and I think it's way better!

owensmom34
by on May. 13, 2010 at 6:39 PM

We aren't big campers.  We do go to state parks for the day but don't camp.

AndreaWright
by on May. 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM

we have tried it, my kids didn't last.  the got spooked by all the crickets, owls and frogs.  but they have already asked if they could do it this summer too.  we'll see.

MrsDavid
by on May. 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM

We did this to salvage a rained out caming trip awhile back.  We got to the camp ground and there were tornado warmings and torential rain, so we drove back home, pitched the tents and the kids slept in the yard.

This summer we are having a housefull of guests and our 14 year old son is going to be in his tent in the back yard a couple of nights to make room for all the people sleeping over.

Bmat
by on May. 14, 2010 at 4:13 PM

We used to when we were kids, but I don't know about these days. I guess it depends on how secure your outside is. I think I'd have an adult sleeping out also.

Bmat
by on May. 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM

What a great idea to make more space for guests!

Quoting MrsDavid:

We did this to salvage a rained out caming trip awhile back.  We got to the camp ground and there were tornado warmings and torential rain, so we drove back home, pitched the tents and the kids slept in the yard.

This summer we are having a housefull of guests and our 14 year old son is going to be in his tent in the back yard a couple of nights to make room for all the people sleeping over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN