Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child like to help feed the birds outside?

Posted by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

Did you create the birdhouse together?

by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM

We don't have a bird house

natesmom1228
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM

No, I don't have a bird house.

bhwrn1
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM

No, we don't. We have enough birds chirpping away at 4:30am! LOL! A bird house would just attract more. Plus, I don't want to have to clean the poop and they eat all our grass seed!

steelcrazy
by on May. 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM

We generally don't feed wild animals because we don't want them to become dependant on humans to survive.

Liansmommie
by on May. 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM

This with the exception of the ducks at the local lake. They are already spoiled beyond belief and they don't get enough nutrion esp with babies starting to sprout. We do however try to give actual healthy food rather bread and other human food.

Quoting steelcrazy:

We generally don't feed wild animals because we don't want them to become dependant on humans to survive.

I'm New Here At CM

RobynS
by on May. 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM

My MIL gave us a bird house and we've never put it out.

We feed the squirrels, though! =)

miller060905
by on May. 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

we don't have a birdhouse but dh's grandma does and the girls feed the birds every time we are there!

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM

UM NO. The last bird feeding situation we had they damn near killed us lol. The seagulls at the pier are freaky. Maybe a birdfeeder would be fun in the yard though...

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Oh ya the duck pnd is good too. But they apparently are overfed, and they won't take our bread. Ruins the day lol.

Barabell
by on May. 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM

We've let our son feed the animals at parks where you can buy the food.  I'll also let him feed the birds.

We do not have a bird house, but I would like to get one in the future.  It would have to be squirrel proof though.  The darn squirrels already eat pinecones from our evergreen and leave some of the pieces on our front steps.  It can be annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)