Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many parades does your town have per year?

Posted by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 14 Replies

and what kinds are there?

by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on May. 11, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Memorial Day, Fourth Of July and Labor Day. He attend them because my son marches in them for cub scouts.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I really don't know. Jacksonville is HUGE and I can never keep up with what is going on where. I've only lived here a year.

rkoloms
by on May. 11, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I can't imagine how many parades Chicago has a year. Besides all of the holiday parades, there are lots of ethnic parades like Polish Consitiution day; there are also cause parades, like the Pride parade.

Robin in Chicago

steelcrazy
by on May. 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM

St Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July, Emmancipation Day, Columbus Day - I think that is it.  We love parades around here.  The city had 2 extra parades last year because the Steelers won the Superbowl and had a parade for that, and the Penguins won the Stanley Cup and had had a parade for that too.

bhwrn1
by on May. 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I don't think we have any. At least, I have never seen or heard of one and we've lived here 10 years.

RobynS
by on May. 12, 2010 at 11:48 AM

We have a 4th of July parade and a Christmas (light) parade. Both are very small. But my hometown has a HUGE parade on Labor Day weekend for the National Sweetcorn Festival.

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM

We have the Rhody parade, and the kinectic sculpture races. OH!! And the x-mas trucker parade at night. The trucks are lit up. Best thing ever!

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:46 AM

The very first people out, on skates, are my roller derby league!! I wasn't there that year...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)