Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep your child safe when you are at an amusement park or other large function?

Posted by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you take special precautions?

by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on May. 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM

He knows not to go out of my sight. I never let him go to far on his own. If he does, we go home.  

xxLukesMamaxx
by on May. 11, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I just talk to them and remind them how important it is to stay close and not wander off. Then I keep an extra sharp eye on them!

bhwrn1
by on May. 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM

They stay with us and I dress them in bright colors so I can watch them. They also know all our home information, and we are working on teaching them our cell numbers for future use.

steelcrazy
by on May. 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM

We dress all of the kids in similar colored shirts and we take a pic of each kid as the park/event entrance, so that we have a current pic on the camera we have with us.  My boys also know my cell phone # and know to "hug a tree" when they are lost.  "Hug a tree" is what we teach in cub scouts - it means to stay where you are, don't move, we will find you. 

miller060905
by on May. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

this... and we almost always take the wagon for them to ride in... helps me keep track of them!

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

I just talk to them and remind them how important it is to stay close and not wander off. Then I keep an extra sharp eye on them!

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:34 AM

They stay in the stroller while walking from attraction to attraction.

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM

My youngest just got a pair of squeaky shoes, too, that will be my big safety feature this year lol.

AM-BRAT

Also, if Jessi chimes in, she has a great link to a site that makes temporary tattoos for kids with a phone number and allergies and such if they get lost- awesome!

AM-BRAT

BUMP!

bhwrn1
by on May. 13, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Wow! The picture idea is such a great one. And, with digital cameras it's so easy!

Quoting steelcrazy:

We dress all of the kids in similar colored shirts and we take a pic of each kid as the park/event entrance, so that we have a current pic on the camera we have with us.  My boys also know my cell phone # and know to "hug a tree" when they are lost.  "Hug a tree" is what we teach in cub scouts - it means to stay where you are, don't move, we will find you. 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)