Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

How do you keep your child safe when you are at an amusement park or other large function?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you take special precautions?

by on May. 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM
Replies (11-18):
bhwrn1
by on May. 13, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Wow, this is a neat idea. I'd love the website.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Also, if Jessi chimes in, she has a great link to a site that makes temporary tattoos for kids with a phone number and allergies and such if they get lost- awesome!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

krystlewv
by on May. 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM

My kids have phones with GPS, and I dont let shane out of my site.

AM-BRAT
by on May. 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I'll direct her here today...

Quoting bhwrn1:

Wow, this is a neat idea. I'd love the website.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Also, if Jessi chimes in, she has a great link to a site that makes temporary tattoos for kids with a phone number and allergies and such if they get lost- awesome!

jrp0606
by on May. 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM

http://www.safetytat.com/

we have a bunch with my phone number

my dads phone number

and DH phone number on them

you can also put allergies etc on.

I put them on the legs and arms - and yes i out a couple on because they do come off fairly easily so bring spares incase you need to reapply them

Quoting AM-BRAT:

jrp0606
by on May. 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM

also DS always wears a yellow shirt and a yellow hat and yellow sock.

it used to be red but so many people do red we recently moved to yellow.  I can always spot his bright yellow hat

jrp0606
by on May. 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM

also we talk a LOT anyway but especially in the car about what do you do if you can't find mommy.

YOU STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!! and mommy will find you

you can ask another mommy or someone in a uniform to wait with you - but you STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!!

natesmom1228
by on May. 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

We dress all of the kids in similar colored shirts and we take a pic of each kid as the park/event entrance, so that we have a current pic on the camera we have with us.  My boys also know my cell phone # and know to "hug a tree" when they are lost.  "Hug a tree" is what we teach in cub scouts - it means to stay where you are, don't move, we will find you. 

I like the pic on the camera idea.

Barabell
by on May. 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Quoting jrp0606:

also DS always wears a yellow shirt and a yellow hat and yellow sock.

it used to be red but so many people do red we recently moved to yellow.  I can always spot his bright yellow hat

We also usually put our son in a yellow or orange shirt.  I always make sure he has a shirt or two of that color that fits him.

My son has blond hair, and when we lived in Arizona it was really, really easy to keep track of him.  Now that we live in Minnesota, there are too many blonds.  It's much harder.  Fortunately, he's old enough now that we don't have an issue with him staying within eyesight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)