Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

You your kids have a routine after school?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:18 AM
  • 7 Replies

How does the day normally go after school? Do you have them do their homework first? Do they have a snack first? What is the normal after school routine?

by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:19 AM

My oldest starts pre k this year so I have yet to find out : )

owensmom34
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM
I let them have a snack and if they don't have soccer practice they can play for an hour, eat supper and then homework.
owensmom34
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM

The fun begins...  :)

Quoting xxLukesMamaxx:

My oldest starts pre k this year so I have yet to find out : )

steelcrazy
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM
First thing when they get home I have them wash their hands - WITH SOAP! lol Then we get a snack and talk for about 30 minutes or so. Then it is homework time while I start on dinner. Every now and again when the weather is nice and we don't have anywhere to be in the evening I'll let them play outside and do homework after dinner, but if they complain about doing homework after dinner then they have to do it right after school for the whole next week no matter what.
Barabell
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quoting owensmom34:

I let them have a snack and if they don't have soccer practice they can play for an hour, eat supper and then homework.

This is pretty much the same in our house.  Our son seems to be able to concentrate on his homework better if he has some down time first.

Our only modifications are my son is old enough to get his own snack if he's hungry, and now since he can do homework on his own, sometimes he'll do it will dinner is being prepared.

rkoloms
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM

A half hour of snack/down time, then homework

Robin in Chicago

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

My son likes to do his homework and get it out of the way. Then he might play some of his game or watch a little TV until dinner time. He usually eats a snack while doing his homework.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)