Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Cancun huge vacation spot- because of IVF

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Would you travel to Mexico for a medical procedure?  

Cancun IVF Attracting North Americans In Search Of An Affordable IVF Vacation

WEBWIRE – Monday, January 16, 2012

Cancun is already known as being Mexico’s top vacation destination, for its miles of beautiful white sand beaches, and its turquoise sea, but now it is starting to offer a vacation of a different kind, a fertility vacation.  With one of Mexico’s top fertility doctors located in a beautiful, new private hospital, American and Canadian couples are on the move.

Infertility affects millions of couples every year, and many are forced to resort to in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to achieve their dreams of pregnancy.  This may be necessary for many factors including problems with a woman’s tubes, male factor issues, or even unexplained issues.  Unfortunately, the average cost of IVF in The United States now averages $18,000, and there can be long wait times in Canada, even though it is strictly an elective procedure.  Furthermore, fertility treatments are still not exact science, and many women have to try several times before they are successful, leaving their bank accounts drained.  Therefore, people are looking for affordable IVF options, but are also looking for a ‘value added’ experience, such as IVF abroad, in case the treatment doesn’t result in a pregnancy.

According to IVF Vacation Center president Mark Semple, “People tend to choose a destination for IVF for four reasons:  price, quality, proximity, and the destination itself.  The order of importance differs for everyone.”  Cancun has it all.  For about half of the cost of the US, a person can have their treatment and spend over two weeks on vacation.  The destination can’t be beat with direct flights from every major city in North America, and it’s only 1 ½ hours from Miami.  In addition, the clinic is located in the premier private hospital which is currently being accredited by the US based Joint Commission International.

by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lusyl95
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM
No, too many things can go wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quoting lusyl95:

No, too many things can go wrong.

That's what I was thinking too- way too much risk. 

Mom2Addison12
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM

No thank you.

That's asking for trouble, I would adopt a child before I would go to another country for something like that.

Especially since those doctors I'm sure are hard of understand English.

elasmimi
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

No. Lots of meds that are prescription here are OTC in Mexico, and sometimes 1/4 the price, but they are not regulated in any way.

mrswillie
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:06 AM

No.

one_more_please
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My cycle went wonderful! Pregnant first cycle! The doctors are not Mexico doc. They are from Europe! My son is for months old and I'm donating my left over embryos next summer! I'm in touch with ALL of the ladies I cycled with from all around the U.S. &Canada. All but one ofus had babies! Is not Mexico Mexico ladies its Cancun! Anyone who has been there understand!
one_more_please
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Oh and my meds were Folistem. Same box as I used for my U.S. Cycles. Not Mexico stuff! And I was monitored exactly the same as U.S. This is my second ivf baby. Plus the failed cycles in Texas. Pregnant first cycle. Five, day five embryos frozen. Had a blast! Swam with Delphines, scuba dived,everything! I honestly think the lack of stress and stuff to take my mind of everything is why it finally worked! Plus Dr. Gaytan and sherry are amazing. !!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN