Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

What is your favorite road trip?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband doesn't fly, so we road trip everywhere. We're always looking for a good place to go.

My favorite, so far, was driving through Grand Teton National Park. I loved being down in the valley, surrounded by glacier covered peaks. A river winds its way through lush green meadows, and elk meander along.

I'd also like to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway in Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia as well as the coast highway in California.
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
elasmimi
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

The drive down the Oregon coast is beautiful.

mrswillie
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM

We are driving from West Virginia to Minnesota, Wisconcin and Illinois this summer.

liveforever
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

My only real road trip was from Akron Ohio to Chicago Ill. Not a very exciting drive. Lots of farm land and run down factory towns.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Quoting mrswillie:

We are driving from West Virginia to Minnesota, Wisconcin and Illinois this summer.

What are you planning to do here in MN? There are a couple of scenic drives if your schedule isn't too tight.
elasmimi
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM

We vacation just south of Daytona every year. We get off the freeway at St. Augustine, and drive A1A down the coast. Although i vastly prefer the Pacific coast, it's still quite pretty in Florida.

Kermitthemom23
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM
South central colorado
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)