Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

I'm looking at vacation rental properties in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN and so far I don't like what I see. 

Where should we stay?  We will be travelling the last week in July.

Even if you don't know anything about the two cities please recommend any rental websites.

Thx in advance

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Replies (21-29):
mrjonesii
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I don't know.  I'm still trying to figure out the area and where to stay myself.  I thought dh and I would have sat down this past weekend and book something but maybe this weekend we can.

Quoting 1LovelyAngel:

Quoting mrjonesii:

Thx.  Yes Residence Inn was one that we Iooked at.  I will chk out your other suggestions as well.

Quoting ddhb2007:

We have light rail connecting MOA and downtown Minneapolis. I haven't taken it yet, but a lot of my coworkers use it to go to events downtown. If you drive, it will 15 - 20 minutes to drive to either city from MOA if it's not at rush hour. Everyone I know that visits stays in a hotel. Have you looked at the Residence Inn? They have multi-room suites with a kitchen and living room. Otherwise I would look into a corporate rental. Also check out Waterpark of America. It's a Radisson hotel, and they have family suites, and it's fairly close (less than a mile) from MOA. A lot of my friends do weekend get a ways there.

I thought about going to the MOA and is this Residence Inn closer than the Radisson Hotel, inbox me

mrjonesii
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I love trip advisor.  I looked up the Radisson Waterpark hotel and Residence Inn Bloomington.  They both gave me things to really think about.  I'm leaning more toward the Residence Inn.  I will be talking with dh tonight so we can go ahead and get our room booked by this weekend.  (hopefully)

If anyone have any other hotel suggestions I'm still open.

mrjonesii
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

DH and I just booked a room at Residence Inn in Eagan.  Have you been to this area?  If so how is it?  We plan to go to MOA two days, Valley Fair one day and a riverboat ride.  Just want to see if we made a good decision as far as location to these places.

Quoting ddhb2007:

Just so you know, Brooklyn Center is on the north side of town, and MOA is on the south side. Traffic could be rough depending on when you're driving across town.

Barabell
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Eagan is a nicer area than Brooklyn Center, from what I've heard. I live near Eagan, and go there often. I drive through it on my way to the MOA. I've never actually been to Brooklyn Center, but I've been told the mall in Brooklyn Center is in a bad neighborhood.

I live in Saint Paul.

Quoting mrjonesii:

DH and I just booked a room at Residence Inn in Eagan.  Have you been to this area?  If so how is it?  We plan to go to MOA two days, Valley Fair one day and a riverboat ride.  Just want to see if we made a good decision as far as location to these places.

Quoting ddhb2007:

Just so you know, Brooklyn Center is on the north side of town, and MOA is on the south side. Traffic could be rough depending on when you're driving across town.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Eagan is a nice location for doing all of those things.  I hope you have a great time!

Quoting mrjonesii:

Quoting ddhb2007:

mrjonesii
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM

K thx!  Now I'm really excited!

Quoting ddhb2007:

Eagan is a nice location for doing all of those things.  I hope you have a great time!

Quoting mrjonesii:

Quoting ddhb2007:

mrjonesii
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thx a bunch!

Quoting Barabell:

Eagan is a nicer area than Brooklyn Center, from what I've heard. I live near Eagan, and go there often. I drive through it on my way to the MOA. I've never actually been to Brooklyn Center, but I've been told the mall in Brooklyn Center is in a bad neighborhood.

I live in Saint Paul.

Quoting mrjonesii:

Quoting ddhb2007:

mspkidevents
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Not sure about rentals, but do have lots of good ides for fun family activities/events in Minneapolis:

http://forkidsentertainment.com/kids-events-minneapolis/

mrjonesii
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Thx I see a few things we might can take dd to when we're there.  Thx again.

Quoting mspkidevents:

Not sure about rentals, but do have lots of good ides for fun family activities/events in Minneapolis:

http://forkidsentertainment.com/kids-events-minneapolis/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)