Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Animals on vacation

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

What do you do with your pets while on vacation?

We pay a friend to stay at our house while we are gone.  We pay $100 a week plus have them give us a grocery list so we can stock what they want to eat for meals.

We have 8 cats, 2 dogs and a 150 lb pot bellied pig.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM

We have the son of a friend come to feed the cats, and scoop the litterbox, but now we have a dog, we have to board him. Dogs are not as self sufficient as cats.

elasmimi
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:42 AM

We used to board the cats with my friend who is also a vet, but they are so neurotic, they would not eat or drink, and she had to start IV's on them.

mrswillie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

We used to board the cats with my friend who is also a vet, but they are so neurotic, they would not eat or drink, and she had to start IV's on them.

Our cats wreck havoc on our house if left for more the 24 hours.  They are terrors and will break things!

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM

In the past my in-laws would take the dogs while we were on vacation.  Now, they're too much work.  It was one of the reasons we decided to buy the RV.  This way they can come along, and we save the $50 / night at the puppy hotel.

liveforever
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

We have friends or DFs sister come by to take care of the dog. We stock the fridge for them while theyre at the house and they get to use our AC and cable lol.

Only downside is DFs sister moved to Pittsburgh and the friend we had stay doesnt live nearby anymore. Well have to think of something for our next trip.

tabs852
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

We have 2 dogs. For our honeymoon, we sent them to stay in kennels at their vet. When we got home, they both acted so funny & one's bottom was completely raw. We won't be doing that again! Now, we have my brother take care of them. We pay him sometimes.. They are outdoor dogs anyways. We have a big fenced in backyard. My brother lives with my mom next door (he's 21) so it's not like he has to go that far lol

Jessica020410
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Will have my mom to come over to feed and water the cats and take care of litter box.

mrswillie
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Quoting Jessica020410:

Will have my mom to come over to feed and water the cats and take care of litter box.

It's great too have family so close.

Jessica020410
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Yes, it is!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Jessica020410:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Jessica020410:

Yes, it is!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Jessica020410:

Dh & I took care of our oldest ds's animals this weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)