Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pack your bags- we are going to Turkey!!!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

Turkey!!!

travel

Ok everyone, it's time to pack your bags again  We are all going to Turkey!!!!

Everyone, make sure you tell us what you want to do while we are in Turkey!

First up- where should we stay?

sleep

How about, what should we eat?

barbecuing

Time for some photo opportunities!  What should we see?

shooting photo

If you have been to this destination or live there feel free to share your photos and tell us what you did or do while you are there!  If you want to go, share all about your dreams and take a virtual trip with us today!

by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I no nothing about it.  We need to go to a tropical island where no kids or men are allowed! lol

tabs852
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Oh my!! I don't know anything at all about Turkey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Aw I used to have a pen pal in Turkey. We wrote all through high school and lost tough when I started college. She always wanted me to come visit her lol. Shed send me post cards and pictures of her town...it looked so pretty!

liveforever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Istanbul is a pretty big city and has lots to see

liveforever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM

In terms of scientific and aesthetic considerations,these nature places possesing resorts, tourism facilities and preserved areas with national and international natural and cultural resources are rare of beauty.There are 16 Natural Parks in Turkey. 

liveforever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

CAPPADOCIA

Capadocia

The region known as Cappadocia includes the centres of Ürgüp, Göreme, Avanos, Üçhisar, Derinkuyu, Kaymaklı and Ihlara. It is a stunning area of otherworldly rock formations, subterranean churches and underground dwellings, the scale of which is over-whelming. The area is also famous for its carpet weaving, wines and the distinctive red pottery of the Avanos area. Cappadocia was a refuge for the early Christians, who escaped persecution by living and worshipping underground. There are an estimated 3000 rock churches in this region, not all of which are open to the public.

liveforever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM

İZMİR

İzmir / Ephesus

The city, known as “Beautiful İzmir” in Turkey, is located at the start of a long and narrow gulf, decorated with yachts, passenger ships and gulf steamers. It has a warm climate and the cooling sea breeze in the summer takes away the burning heat of the sun. İzmir, which enjoys a special cultural and historical identity, is the third largest city in Turkey.

Historic Sights: : The cities of the Seven Churches of the Apocalypse, mentioned by St. John in the Book of Revelation, are found in Turkey. All of these world known ancient cities, Ephesus (Efes), Smyrna (İzmir), Pergamum (Bergama), Thyatira (Akhisar), Philadelphia (Alaşehir), Sardis (Sart) and Laodicea (Eskihisar) are within the borders of İzmir except the last one which is in Denizli, an Aegean Interior city. Ephesus (Efes) and Pergamum (Bergama), in particular, are the cities of the ancient world that one should visit.

Jessica020410
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I would love to actually see that!

Quoting liveforever:

Istanbul is a pretty big city and has lots to see

Jessica020410
by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Beautiful!

Quoting liveforever:

In terms of scientific and aesthetic considerations,these nature places possesing resorts, tourism facilities and preserved areas with national and international natural and cultural resources are rare of beauty.There are 16 Natural Parks in Turkey. 

tabs852
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM
That's neat! I always wanted a pen pal. I was forced to have one in high school, for my Spanish class. We had no idea what the other one was saying.

Quoting liveforever:

Aw I used to have a pen pal in Turkey. We wrote all through high school and lost tough when I started college. She always wanted me to come visit her lol. Shed send me post cards and pictures of her town...it looked so pretty!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)