Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Favorite Beach

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:06 AM
  • 13 Replies

Living near the eastern shore in Maryland, I use to go to the beach quite often. I spent many weekends in Ocean City.  I have been to several other beaches along the eastern coast as well including some in North Carolina, South Carolina. Delaware, Massachusetts, Virginia and Florida.  

I think my favorite was Virginia Beach.

What is your favorite beach?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I lived in va and va beach was fun! But crowded in season! But it's like an oldie type boardwalk, with neat shops and rides and fun.... When we lived there we went to Yorktown and beached along the James river most often. OB in San Diego is my fave of all time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

New Smyrna Beach, Fl. Only because we have been going every year for 30 years, and it feels like home. I really prefer the Oregon coast, but it's not a swimming type beach

mrswillie
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting elzmnsf:

I lived in va and va beach was fun! But crowded in season! But it's like an oldie type boardwalk, with neat shops and rides and fun.... When we lived there we went to Yorktown and beached along the James river most often. OB in San Diego is my fave of all time!

I like VA Beach because most of the shops aren't right on the boardwalk like OC, MD.

tabs852
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Well, the beaches along the Gulf a the closest to me so in ways, they are my favorite. More specifically, Pensacola Beach since we are there so often & are so familiar with the area... BUT, the Gulf doesn't exactly make for beauty.
tabs852
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Beauty.... Caribbean.
liveforever
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Ive only been to the beach in OBX...not counting the beaches on the lake. 

mrswillie
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Quoting tabs852:

Beauty.... Caribbean.

We are going to the Bahamas this winter and can't wait.

Jessica020410
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I've never been to a beach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Right now, I'm at Mexico beach and I can say its one of the best beaches ever! Not overly crowded! Not touristy! Lots of shells and sea life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmomof6
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We've been to Hawaii, Bermuda, Bahamas, Flordia, SC, NC, VA. Calif., but I'll never leave the Jersey Shore.  Favorite place in the world.  We've been going every year (for over 50 now) and have owned a home as well.  Will eventually retire there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN