Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Scary things

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever done something on vacation and thought wow that looks like it could be amazing or fun, and then ended up scared afterwards?

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM

For me it was snorkeling.  When I was in school one of our PE classes was swimming, but instead of just swimming laps and stuff we did fun things, like played water polo, learned how to breath through a snorkle, and even did kind of a water skiing thing (people pulled us out of the water,  I didnt do well at all).  So when I went to Hawaii I thought no biggie  I got this.  Well I did know how to snorkle but what I didnt imagine was being afraid of the fish!!!  I HATE slimy things so when they touched me I FREAKED out and started to hyerventalate LOL.   Im weird I know, I have gone white water rafting and was good, but the thought of fish touching me YIKES LOL.  I think I woould have to wear a wet suit to try it again.  I couldnt feel them touching me then hahaha.

tabs852
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Ziplining with my 12 month old. What was I thinking????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

LOL maybe that it would be fun LOL.  How did you do that?  was the 12 month old strapped to your back?

Quoting tabs852:

liveforever
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I havent. The only things that have scared me on vacation were cab drivers in Boston!!!

liveforever
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Quoting tabs852:

lol I think Id be scared before doing it...and relieved after.

liveforever
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Quoting Ambear72:

For me it was snorkeling.  When I was in school one of our PE classes was swimming, but instead of just swimming laps and stuff we did fun things, like played water polo, learned how to breath through a snorkle, and even did kind of a water skiing thing (people pulled us out of the water,  I didnt do well at all).  So when I went to Hawaii I thought no biggie  I got this.  Well I did know how to snorkle but what I didnt imagine was being afraid of the fish!!!  I HATE slimy things so when they touched me I FREAKED out and started to hyerventalate LOL.   Im weird I know, I have gone white water rafting and was good, but the thought of fish touching me YIKES LOL.  I think I woould have to wear a wet suit to try it again.  I couldnt feel them touching me then hahaha.

Lol i know other people who freak out around fish too ....youre not alone!

tabs852
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM
She was also in a harness that was attached to the cable & to me. She loved it at first.

Quoting Ambear72:

LOL maybe that it would be fun LOL.  How did you do that?  was the 12 month old strapped to your back?

Quoting tabs852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I was SO relieved once my feet were on the ground!!!

Quoting liveforever:

Quoting tabs852:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Oh good that makes me feel better!  LOL

Quoting liveforever:

Quoting Ambear72:

Lol i know other people who freak out around fish too ....youre not alone!

Ambear72
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I would be too,  I am afraid of falling from high places LOL so I have a hard time going up off the ground..  Unless its in a plane or something like that.

Quoting tabs852:

I was SO relieved once my feet were on the ground!!!

Quoting liveforever:

Quoting tabs852:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN