Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women 'change outfit 28 times' on holiday

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

One in ten women admitted to changing clothes seven times a day during their trip, while the average woman will change four times a day.

The survey of 2,000 women, commissioned by Tesco's F&F clothing brand, also suggested that eight out of ten female travellers will not get around to wearing everything they have packed.

It found that an average suitcase will contain four dresses, six tops, four pairs of shorts or skirts, two pairs of jeans or trousers, three bikinis, three pairs of flip flops and two pairs of shoes. Women will then typically buy two more items of clothing during their holiday.

“Unlike the typical day at home, which can involve an outfit for work or for popping to the shops, an average day on holiday can consist of several different activities,” said Bernadette Lusher of F&F.

“Each needs a different outfit - a bikini by the pool, shorts for walking around the shops and then a chic maxi dress for an evening meal. This can make packing a nightmare, especially if you are travelling by plane and can only carry a certain amount of luggage."

The poll suggested that one in five women take so much with them on holiday that they go over their baggage allowance.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

lol...I admit, I usually don't wear everything I pack.

pochaccotx
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Nope not me lol I wear everything I pack and I never pack that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I don't have a huge wardrobe, so I usually wear everything.
tabs852
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM
I hate changing clothes.. I usually change in the morning & before dinner if we are eating out.. They again for bedtime
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM

That is just crazy, I think the most I ever have changed my clothes is 2 times.  I keep the same outfit on all day unless I shower or I have been traveling in a car and need to change because of where we are going.  I dont think I have enough clothes to change that many times lol.  Why would someone do that?

Ambear72
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I always pack and extra outfit or two for emergencies, but as I pack I plan what I am going to wear each day.

Quoting mrswillie:

mrswillie
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Quoting tabs852:

I hate changing clothes.. I usually change in the morning & before dinner if we are eating out.. They again for bedtime

Same here.  SOmething, depending where we are, I don't change for finner.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Quoting Ambear72:

I always pack and extra outfit or two for emergencies, but as I pack I plan what I am going to wear each day.

Quoting mrswillie:

I always pack a pair of jeans and a pair of sweats, even in the summer.

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I do not care that much about clothing! I always pack minimal...and still don't wear it all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I bring jeans no matter what the weather is like. I love them lol

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Ambear72:

Quoting mrswillie:

I always pack a pair of jeans and a pair of sweats, even in the summer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)