Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

How much luggage do you take?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
We are taking the kids on a 7 day cruise in September. They are 3 and 1 and we haven't taken them on a vacation like this before, we have been to Disney and stuff but took lots of special outfits.

How many clothes do you take for a week away with beaches, pool, dinners. I started to make a list and there's NO WAY I can take all the crap I want to. :/

Also, can anyone reccomend kids luggage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I always pack 1 outfit per day...plus maybe one or 2 extra just in case. We have never gone anywhere more then 2-3 days so I always pack dd's clothes in mine.

If you military roll everything you might be able to fit all the kids clothes in 1 duffel bag.

AjCeCeMom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
We aren't military but thanks for the advice. I feel like we are taking the entire house with us.

Quoting liveforever:

I always pack 1 outfit per day...plus maybe one or 2 extra just in case. We have never gone anywhere more then 2-3 days so I always pack dd's clothes in mine.

If you military roll everything you might be able to fit all the kids clothes in 1 duffel bag.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I just mean the way they pack. My mom and dad were both military and they were taught to tightly roll their clothes and then pack them. Thats what my sister and I did when we went on vacations.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

We aren't military but thanks for the advice. I feel like we are taking the entire house with us.

Quoting liveforever:

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I pack my daughter in a kid's suitcase. Her cheap little Dora suitcase can handle about two week's worth of clothes. I utilize the roll method as well.
AjCeCeMom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I totally read that as you putting your DD in a suitcase, lol!

Where did you get it from?

Quoting ddhb2007:

I pack my daughter in a kid's suitcase. Her cheap little Dora suitcase can handle about two week's worth of clothes. I utilize the roll method as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AjCeCeMom:

I totally messed up that sentence.

I didn't buy her suitcase, my parents bought it at a PX (my dad's retired army). However, I've seen similar suitcases at Target and Walmart. I just googled Dora suitcase, and it looks like Toys r Us carries them.
mrswillie
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM

We are going on our first cruise in Feb, but we are taking our 2 teens.  My problem is packing the dress wear without it wrinkling. 

elasmimi
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I don't pack much. I have 1 bathing suit per child, no coverups. Mix and match shorts and tops and a couple of knit dresses. On a Disney cruise I do take Disney outfit for at least one dinner. There is very little storage space in cabins.

Jessica020410
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Too much! lol! Two outfits a day for all three kids. One outfit a day for DH and I, with a couple extra. And way too much more to list! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

We are going to the beach for 7 days but the condo has a washer and dryer so I packed only 4 outfits each. 

My 5 year old's stuff fit in one backpack. My 9 year old's stuff fit in his as well. DH has a huge duffel bag for his stuff and extras and I have a 3 piece luggage set for my clothes and all of our bathroom things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN