Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

things to do in Miami

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

My son will be just over 6 months old when we take a weeklong trip to Miami in November. Is anyone from the area or been there that could recommend things to do with a little one?

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM
I haven't been there, but I was looking at it the other day because Florida is on my SIL's short list for a destination wedding. There are a couple national parks near Miami - Biscayne and Everglades. You can take a glass bottom boat tour of Biscayne that looked really cool. I didn't have much time to look at Everglades yet, but my daughter has loved visiting national parks. The national park website is www.nps.gov.
cutestmom24
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in miami. Ill give you a list of fun family places you could go.
Jungle island
Miami zoo
Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens
Childrens museam
If you want to get some shoppung done
There is dolphin mall
Sawgrass mills mall
Adventura mall
If you want to go to the beach I suggest avoid south beach.its is not all its cracked up to be.
There is a great beach called hollywood beach that is more family friendly.on saturdays they hold a free concert they have a few playgrounds.
I hope you enjoy your trip.
If you have any more. Questions feel free to. I have lived in maiami all my life and. Know all the fun tourist palces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Now I want to go too! This is a great list!!!

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island

Miami zoo

Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens

Childrens museam

There is dolphin mall

Sawgrass mills mall

Adventura mall

If you want to go to the beach I suggest avoid south beach.its is not all its cracked up to be.

There is a great beach called hollywood beach that is more family friendly.on saturdays they hold a free concert they have a few playgrounds.

If you have any more. Questions feel free to. I have lived in maiami all my life and. Know all the fun tourist palces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Me too! Ive never been there.

Quoting tabs852:

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island

Miami zoo

Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens

Childrens museam

There is dolphin mall

Sawgrass mills mall

Adventura mall

mrswillie
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Love the names of the malls

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island

Miami zoo

Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens

Childrens museam

There is dolphin mall

Sawgrass mills mall

Adventura mall

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM
There is also pembroke pines mall,westfeild mall,

Quoting mrswillie:

Love the names of the malls

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island

Miami zoo

Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens

Childrens museam

There is dolphin mall

Sawgrass mills mall

Adventura mall

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Never been, but looks like a pp has some great ideas for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindysue852
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island
Miami zoo
Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens
Childrens museam
There is dolphin mall
Sawgrass mills mall
Adventura mall

I appreciate all the places you provided it really helps now that I'm getting serious about planning the trip for next month. We were also thinking of spending a couple nights in Ft Lauderdale and a few in the Florida Keys, do you have any recommendations there? I know I want to check out the Intracoastal Waterway and I also want to go on some sort of boat in the ocean but don't know what's the best to do that is safe for my little guy.

cutestmom24
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Las olas in ft laudardale is where all the resterunts and shops are at and the beach is. Right across the street.
Key west is the best key but there is also island morada which has good resterunts and souviner shops.
I for got to mention another place that is awsome for the family.bayside in downtown Miami its a out door mall with alot of stores and resterunts.on Saturday day have a free concert and there is also a Mary go round for the kiddos.

Quoting mindysue852:

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island
Miami zoo
Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens
Childrens museam
There is dolphin mall
Sawgrass mills mall
Adventura mall

I appreciate all the places you provided it really helps now that I'm getting serious about planning the trip for next month. We were also thinking of spending a couple nights in Ft Lauderdale and a few in the Florida Keys, do you have any recommendations there? I know I want to check out the Intracoastal Waterway and I also want to go on some sort of boat in the ocean but don't know what's the best to do that is safe for my little guy.

Oh and in bayside during the day they have sight seeing boats that take u to fisher island,star island(that's where all the famous people have there homes at.I think its $20 per person but your kiddo is free if I'm not mistaken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting tabs852:

Quoting cutestmom24:

Jungle island

Miami zoo

Miami seaquriam

viscaya gardens

Childrens museam

There is dolphin mall

Sawgrass mills mall

Adventura mall

Me too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)