Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

The best thing about where you live?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 17 Replies

If someone stopped in your town/city, etc. and asked you what the ONE best thing was to do there, what would you tell them?

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Probably all the wine tasting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM
The night life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I honestly can't think of a thing. lol

mrswillie
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Our fall fest in october
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

My actual city....Id say Lakewood park and the promenade. Theres tons to do if you have your kids with you...or you can sit and relax on the benches/large swings overlooking the lake. If you walk down to the promenade theres great views of downtown.

If they were coming downtown (major city 15 min away) Id say the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

tabs852
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
We have a splash pad for kids that's great during the summer!!! Tickfaw State Park is beautiful! If they are willing to drive 30 minutes, baton Rouge is to the West of my town, Hammond is East. Gonzales is about 20-30 minutes away with a big outlet mall & another splash pad & park. New Orleans is a couple of hours away. Oh, not too far from me is a Bass Pro. Lots to do here!! Bring a boat because the river is right down the road too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:53 PM

There really isnt much in this town actually.  We were hit really hard by the recession so a lot of the homes are vacant and there really arent many jobs, but I can say that the pool is open year round, and the School Spirit is really high here.  Fernley really supports its Athetic programs.

Jennyanne322
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I live in Brooklyn, NY. There is so much to do and see. I would probably say go to coney island and ride the cyclone and get a Nathan's hot dog from the real Nathan's and not that packaged crap they sell in stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Probably the aquarium, but there are lots of choices, it's a great town.

RMT1995
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We're a half hour from Boston and its nightlife and history, a half hour from the Maine shoreline with fun beaches, about an hour from some beautiful mountains. I don't care for the desert, so it's perfect for me LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN