Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rental cars

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you ever rent them on vacation? Who has the best rates/service?

by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jessica020410
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Never have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM

The only time I have had a rental car is when someone hit mine and the insurance co. gave me one while mine was being fixed.

liveforever
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Ive never had to.

tabs852
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Same here

Quoting mrswillie:

The only time I have had a rental car is when someone hit mine and the insurance co. gave me one while mine was being fixed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:00 AM

We have never done it either, but thinking about flying to Savannah and we'd need a car!

colljd02
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this
We use hertz, bc we get a really nice discount bc we're AAA members. It's fun to have a rental car! It's a new car and it's nice and clean and you don't have to worry about oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Just use it and return it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myshofer
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM

yes i use rental cars on trips. last summer in Calafornia we hired a car from San Francisco Limo service with a driver so that family may be out of stress of traffic in unknown places.we had a rocking time. their service was very good.

myshofer
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:45 AM

as we were reffered by a friend we got 20% discount. they even make planning of tour destinations and dinning for us according to our budget and offered food home delivery at any time.

RMT1995
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Same here ... I don't use rentals often, but we'll need one in April when we go to Orlando. We're picking up one from Hertz (AAA discount as well) at the Amtrak station, using it from Thursday afternoon until Saturday morning, then doing drop-off at Cocoa Beach, total was $119. I didn't think that was bad at all, considering not many agencies let you do one-way rentals, and those who do charge a LOT more. The one-way rental coming back (pick up and drop off same day, one way) was $72.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)