Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

How many breaks

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

does your school get? We used to start after Labor Day, and get out the first of May, so it was a long summer, but the only week long break we got was at Christmas. Now we go back to school in early August, and don't get out til the end of May, but we get a fall and Easter break. I think I'm beginning to like it, more travel opportunities!

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM

We have 2 weeks off for Christmas, 1 week for Spring Break.

Thanksgiving is 3 days....theres a 4 day weekend for teacher in service days...and then a few random days off for Labor Day, Presidents day and conference days.

mrswillie
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM

We get a week for Christmas, Easter and open hunting season.

elasmimi
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Is it really for hunting season? Or just at the same time?

Quoting mrswillie:

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM

We start the day after Labor Day (all but the Kindergarteners).  We have a long weekend in the middle of October for MEA (MN Education Association), a few conference / in service days, a week at Christmas, and a week in March for spring break.  We don't get out until the first full week in June.

mrswillie
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

Quoting mrswillie:

Actually it is the full week of Thanksgiving.  We use to get Thursday & Friday off for Thanksgiving, but so many kids missed days that week for hunting they incorporated it into our schedule.

I live in a town with 274 people. Hunting week brings in tons of people. All the weekender homes (that is what we call the cabins owner by people who don't live in them) become occupied and people actually rent their land for hunting.

Hunter Safety is a manditory class in 7th grade here.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Jessica020410
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Christmas, Spring, & Summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM
We used to start after labor day and get out in the middle if June, we had 2 weeks at Christmas and a week at Easter. My kids still have those breakes but start in the middle of August and get out the end of May.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I remember starting the day after Labor Day, but my daughter goes back Tuesday (entering second grade). She gets 3 days at Thanskgiving, the week between Christmas and New Year's, a week in February and a week in April. They get out in early- to mid-June.

Pretty much all US schools have an average of 180 days, how they're spread out is up to the state, I believe. Or it could be a district decision.

elasmimi
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Very cool. Do you get aggravated with all the weekenders?

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting elasmimi:

Quoting mrswillie:

Actually it is the full week of Thanksgiving.  We use to get Thursday & Friday off for Thanksgiving, but so many kids missed days that week for hunting they incorporated it into our schedule.

I live in a town with 274 people. Hunting week brings in tons of people. All the weekender homes (that is what we call the cabins owner by people who don't live in them) become occupied and people actually rent their land for hunting.

mrswillie
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Actually yes, because they fly up and down our country roads. Many are rude also. We are a close knit community. Everyone helps everyone, everyone knows everyone, just about everyone has manners and wealways greet each other.

Quoting elasmimi:

Very cool. Do you get aggravated with all the weekenders?

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting elasmimi:

Quoting mrswillie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)