Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Anyone planning their 2013 vacation?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM
  • 29 Replies

I am in the midst of planning our 2013 vacation.....way early, I know, but I'm a planner! Plus, being a single mother I am the only income in the house...sooo, lots of planning. We haven't ever taken a vacation that was more than 2 nights.

We plan on heading to South Carolina next August. Found a 9 bedroom house a block or so from the beach :) So far it's myself, my mom, my son, my grandmother, and a friend of mine. I think my best friend is going to go too, along with her daughter. I asked another friend to go (her, her husband, and their 2 kids). Splitting the cost is making it soo much easier, and get to see people I only see every few years!

I am a tattooed, bike rally going, Pagan, book addict, recycling, fish loving, homeschooling mother of a 9 year old who is allowed to play Grand Theft Auto and stay up very late.

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabs852
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM
That sounds like so much fun! I've always wanted to take a big family vacation. It's hard to find a time everyone can go though.

We aren't sure what we want to do. I need to get on the ball though..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeniNicole83
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I had orginally planned on going to FL, but my best friend goes to SC every year. I haven't seen her since 2009 so at least we can meet up this way. I just want my son to see the beach, so I'm happy going to SC.

Changing jobs is making it harder for me. If I had stayed at my previous job I would have been able to take my paid vacation in March....since I just recently started I will be having to request unpaid time off.... :( I guess it will work in the end as I will still be able to have a week vacation that I do plan on splitting up the year after between a book convention and vacation in 2014!

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I have sort of started. My sister-in-law is planning a destination wedding next spring, so we've blocked out two weeks to attend. We know that we'll be camping in the RV, unless she chooses a cruise. She's talked about Florida, California, or Las Vegas, so I've started researching those areas. I wish she would pick, so I could narrow it down.
mrswillie
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Sounds fun!

We have a cruise booked for the beginning of the year.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Quoting ddhb2007:

I have sort of started. My sister-in-law is planning a destination wedding next spring, so we've blocked out two weeks to attend. We know that we'll be camping in the RV, unless she chooses a cruise. She's talked about Florida, California, or Las Vegas, so I've started researching those areas. I wish she would pick, so I could narrow it down.

Wow...She is cutting it close if it is next spring.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

AjCeCeMom
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Yes, we are going on another cruise next year. We havent even been on this years yet! Lol we like to book early to get the best pick o the cabins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeniNicole83
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
I would like to go on a cruise, but want to wait until my son is older. He is not very outgoing so he would be latched to me the entire time.
liveforever
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Sounds like a fun trip!

Im not sure what were doing for our family trip yet. My best friend and I are planning a weekend trip to Baltimore.

dove98
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM

South Carolina is a dream place for everyone.  The Myrtle Beach is a great place for fun. As you can guess, plenty of beaches. The Hard Rock amusement park has just opened as well. Murrells Inlet, just south of Myrtle Beach, is world-famous for its sea food.

holiday rentals gold coast

mrswillie
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Yes, we are going on another cruise next year. We havent even been on this years yet! Lol we like to book early to get the best pick o the cabins.

So are we! It is our first cruise.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN