Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone planning their 2013 vacation?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am in the midst of planning our 2013 vacation.....way early, I know, but I'm a planner! Plus, being a single mother I am the only income in the house...sooo, lots of planning. We haven't ever taken a vacation that was more than 2 nights.

We plan on heading to South Carolina next August. Found a 9 bedroom house a block or so from the beach :) So far it's myself, my mom, my son, my grandmother, and a friend of mine. I think my best friend is going to go too, along with her daughter. I asked another friend to go (her, her husband, and their 2 kids). Splitting the cost is making it soo much easier, and get to see people I only see every few years!

I am a tattooed, bike rally going, Pagan, book addict, recycling, fish loving, homeschooling mother of a 9 year old who is allowed to play Grand Theft Auto and stay up very late.

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (21-29):
JeniNicole83
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM
We are planning for Isle of Palms, SC for 2013, Hawaii for 2014, and Australia or 2015 or 2016. :)

I am a tattooed, bike rally going, Pagan, book addict, recycling, fish loving, homeschooling mother of a 9 year old who is allowed to play Grand Theft Auto and stay up very late.

tabs852
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM
I want to go to Hawaii soooo very badly!!! We are waiting until our kids are older though.

Quoting JeniNicole83:

We are planning for Isle of Palms, SC for 2013, Hawaii for 2014, and Australia or 2015 or 2016. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Ooh!! Ireland!! What part?

Quoting RMT1995:

I don't think it's early at ALL to be planning a trip for next year! We always plan ours at least a year out when we can. Sometimes it's torturous to wait that long, but gives you plenty of time to plan and save.

We booked the cruise we just took in April a good 11 months before the trip! Then again, this past June we just booked another for next April, and we're piggy-backing a few days in Disney with that (so I need TIME!) 

I'm already planning a trip to Ireland in 2016! LOL We've got a few other little trips in the works too, to more local places (Montreal, back to Bar Harbor, etc) but those don't take as much planning for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quoting tabs852:

I want to go to Hawaii soooo very badly!!! We are waiting until our kids are older though.

Quoting JeniNicole83:

I would like to go to Hawaii also, but I think I would like Alaska more.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

mrswillie
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Quoting RMT1995:

I don't think it's early at ALL to be planning a trip for next year! We always plan ours at least a year out when we can. Sometimes it's torturous to wait that long, but gives you plenty of time to plan and save.

We booked the cruise we just took in April a good 11 months before the trip! Then again, this past June we just booked another for next April, and we're piggy-backing a few days in Disney with that (so I need TIME!) 

I'm already planning a trip to Ireland in 2016! LOL We've got a few other little trips in the works too, to more local places (Montreal, back to Bar Harbor, etc) but those don't take as much planning for us.

We booked our cruise way in advance also.

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

RMT1995
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My friend and I are going, we're starting in Dublin for 2 days, then driving across to the western coast and back. She and her husband went for their honeymoon, doing a self-drive with B&Bs and she said it was a lot more affordable that way, and they saw a lot.

Quoting tabs852:

Ooh!! Ireland!! What part?

Quoting RMT1995:

mrjonesii
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:27 AM

DH is planning for us to go to San Diego for our anniversary in January.  Then some place in the gulf for our family vacation in July.  Any suggestions?  Let me know.  Thanks.

TigerofMu
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We haven't decided where we're going to yet.  I like the idea of the rental home in South Carolina.  Maybe we need to head that direction!

amzbrznjz
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM

we are...my annual trip to Disney was stopped bc the 2 oldest kids are bored with it...we are going to Mexico

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)