Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Target and JC Penney

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

Is it me or are both of these stores starting to look the same?  Our local JC Penney is being remodeled. They are dividing it into departments by brands saying each area is like a store in itself. Tey also went to "best Price" and stopped offering the coupons.

I just say a Target commercial that is advertising four different shops/brands.

Are they owned by the same company? What do you think about JC Penney and Target?

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I so rarely go to J.C. Penney's I have no idea. I know they are really making lots of changes with a new CEO, several of which have not been too successful.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

I so rarely go to J.C. Penney's I have no idea. I know they are really making lots of changes with a new CEO, several of which have not been too successful.

I wish they would do things the way they use to.

liveforever
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I havent been in JCP much since they re did them. I dont like that "best price" thing they do. Everything costs more then it used to!

So far the Targets around me are nothing like JCP. I still love Target.

Ambear72
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I was just at Target but I havent been to a JCPenny in a really long time.  I hope they dont start to look the same.

CometGirl
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I do not like either store.  I used to shop at JCPenney when they had coupons and sales but not now.  Prices are too high and the quality is poor.  I feel the same way about Target.  Plus everytime I go into Target I get a migraine.

RMT1995
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I go to JCP for dresses, they have a great selection and awesome prices. But I can never find anything else there ... and their website SUCKS. I tried to get a few things for me and my daughter and, although they advertised having certain items in our size, they weren't available when I clicked. THAT turned me off of even going back to their site.

I almost never go to Target. I'd rather go to TJMaxx and get designer stuff for almost the same price.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Quoting liveforever:

I havent been in JCP much since they re did them. I dont like that "best price" thing they do. Everything costs more then it used to!

So far the Targets around me are nothing like JCP. I still love Target.

I don't like the ""best Price" thing either. They say the prices have gone down by 40% but I just don't see it.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Quoting CometGirl:

I do not like either store.  I used to shop at JCPenney when they had coupons and sales but not now.  Prices are too high and the quality is poor.  I feel the same way about Target.  Plus everytime I go into Target I get a migraine.

I don't shop Target. I still go to JC Penney but more and more, I am starting to go elsewhere.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Quoting RMT1995:

I go to JCP for dresses, they have a great selection and awesome prices. But I can never find anything else there ... and their website SUCKS. I tried to get a few things for me and my daughter and, although they advertised having certain items in our size, they weren't available when I clicked. THAT turned me off of even going back to their site.

I almost never go to Target. I'd rather go to TJMaxx and get designer stuff for almost the same price.

I never go to Target. I like sales at Belk. I also like New York & Co.

Jessica020410
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

We have to go 30-45 minutes to get to either, so we haven't been in a long time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)