Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

I'm going to try!

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:02 AM
  • 13 Replies

I think most of you know, but I will say, I am afraid to fly. I use to fly a lot prior to 9/11 but dh was in the Pentagon on 9/11 and I couldn't get hold of him.  He was ok, but I have never gotten on a plane again. 

My doctor gave me something to take for anxiety when I try to fly. I have been talking about it for awhile.

Dh and I finally decided, we are going to try to fly to New York in December. I have always wanted to see the Christmas displays in the store windows. I also want to go to FAO Schwartz. Lastly, I want to go to Ground Zero.

I hope I can do it. I am somewhat excited. 

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Good luck. I have flown since 9/11, but I don't think any of us will ever feel the same about it. I'm sure you will be fine, and have a great trip.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

Good luck. I have flown since 9/11, but I don't think any of us will ever feel the same about it. I'm sure you will be fine, and have a great trip.

I'm hoping. As long as I can get on, I don't think I will back out..

tabs852
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM
The trip sounds like a lot of fun! Planes are safer than cars. Keep that in mind the whole time!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Sounds like a fun trip. My best friend went to NYC in December and said its so pretty.

My sister has to take something to get on a plane too...Im not sure what it was but she said it helped a lot! 

RMT1995
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I've never flown anywhere. I drive and cruise. In four years will be the first time I fly because I'm forcing myself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting tabs852:

The trip sounds like a lot of fun! Planes are safer than cars. Keep that in mind the whole time!!

I know they are safer than cars, but I am still affraid.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting liveforever:

Sounds like a fun trip. My best friend went to NYC in December and said its so pretty.

My sister has to take something to get on a plane too...Im not sure what it was but she said it helped a lot! 

I hope it helps me also.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Good Luck! I admit that I get a bit anxious on take off and landing, but I won't let it stop me. I'm a bigger wimp when it comes to learning how to drive a stick. I can't get past my memory of my dad yelling at me when I was 16. It's tough to overcome those fears.
Jessica020410
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Good luck! I've never flown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Quoting Jessica020410:

Good luck! I've never flown.

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)