Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

anyone from the south?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ela is going to be gone to Nana's for 4 days, and dh is retired. We would like to do a short road trip, not too expensive, but we have done Atlanta, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, and Nashville so many times, we'd like to branch out. Any ideas?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Myrtle beach before it gwts too cool is great! Lots to do.
Asheville nc area where i live is beautiful this time of year. Try chimney rock ,biltmore estates...
Dont go to new orleans.. Im from la and ill never understand whats so "romantic" about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I sort of agree about NO. Some great food, but lots of smelly, scary places, too. Myrtle Beach might be fun, we're planning to do Biltmore at Christmas.

Quoting AleaKat:

Asheville nc area where i live is beautiful this time of year. Try chimney rock ,biltmore estates...
Dont go to new orleans.. Im from la and ill never understand whats so "romantic" about it.

mom2chasenkori
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I'm from Louisiana too. While I don't think new Orleans is very 'romantic', I do think you would have a good time of you like shopping, music, & great food. Or Austin tx is great too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:56 AM

You can't beat the food in NO. Austin is amazing, but don't want to drive that far right now.

Quoting mom2chasenkori:

I'm from Louisiana too. While I don't think new Orleans is very 'romantic', I do think you would have a good time of you like shopping, music, & great food. Or Austin tx is great too!

AleaKat
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I love smokey mts in the fall ehen the leaves change.

Quoting elasmimi:

I sort of agree about NO. Some great food, but lots of smelly, scary places, too. Myrtle Beach might be fun, we're planning to do Biltmore at Christmas.

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I dont know how far Kentucky is but the areas around Lake Cumberland are really pretty. I went on vacation there a few times with a friend when I was younger.

tabs852
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I love New Orleans but I don't understand why ppl say it's romantic. It does stink!! There's always naked ppl walking around (well.. close to it anyway). I guess it just depends on which part of NO you go to.

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Just because its of french origin does not mean its paris ppl! Lol

Quoting tabs852:

I love New Orleans but I don't understand why ppl say it's romantic. It does stink!! There's always naked ppl walking around (well.. close to it anyway). I guess it just depends on which part of NO you go to.

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Hah!!!

Quoting AleaKat:

Just because its of french origin does not mean its paris ppl! Lol

Quoting tabs852:

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Savannah, GA is amaizng!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)