Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Ela is going to be gone to Nana's for 4 days, and dh is retired. We would like to do a short road trip, not too expensive, but we have done Atlanta, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, and Nashville so many times, we'd like to branch out. Any ideas?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (11-18):
elasmimi
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

This is my favorite city in the south!

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

Savannah, GA is amaizng!

mrjonesii
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I'm from Charleston South Carolina and everyone that I come in contact with that have visited says they love it.  Charleston and Myrtle Beach is only 2 hrs away.  Not difficult to travel.  A straight shot. 

Although I've never been I heard that Hilton Head is nice and Tybee Island, Georgia.

mrswillie
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting AleaKat:

Myrtle beach before it gwts too cool is great! Lots to do.
Asheville nc area where i live is beautiful this time of year. Try chimney rock ,biltmore estates...
Dont go to new orleans.. Im from la and ill never understand whats so "romantic" about it.

I really want to go to New Orleans. lol

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

young-mommy10
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I second this!! My mom was born and raised in savannah, I was born there as well though raised in MN. I have spent a lot of time in savannah and actually I took df and ds there for the first time in march for two weeks (my grandparents still live there). It's amazing there any time of year! I would love to move down there though not in the city, I'd prefer to be in the country but near savannah :) so much to do and SO much good food. I wish I could go now as I'm pregnant and craving all sorts of foods I can't get here in MN!!

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

Savannah, GA is amaizng!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Food is great music is great streets are generally filthy ur likely to get robbed on every corner. All thete is realky yo do is the aqurarium and bar hop . Its just not worth it to me.

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting AleaKat:

Asheville nc area where i live is beautiful this time of year. Try chimney rock ,biltmore estates...

Dont go to new orleans.. Im from la and ill never understand whats so "romantic" about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young-mommy10
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Tybee is pretty nice, but I would spend some time there and venture around savannah as well, spend time on river street and downtown historic area. See the old forts, the air force museum, and much more!

Quoting mrjonesii:

I'm from Charleston South Carolina and everyone that I come in contact with that have visited says they love it.  Charleston and Myrtle Beach is only 2 hrs away.  Not difficult to travel.  A straight shot. 

Although I've never been I heard that Hilton Head is nice and Tybee Island, Georgia.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I think everyone needs to see NO at least once. But I was there before Katrina, and the destruction afterwards is terrible. I don't know how it is since the last hurricane. It has some amazing old homes, some of the best food and music you will ever find anywhere, but it has it's problems. But you should go at least once, just go in the winter, cuz you can melt in the summer!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting AleaKat:

mrswillie
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

I think everyone needs to see NO at least once. But I was there before Katrina, and the destruction afterwards is terrible. I don't know how it is since the last hurricane. It has some amazing old homes, some of the best food and music you will ever find anywhere, but it has it's problems. But you should go at least once, just go in the winter, cuz you can melt in the summer!

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting AleaKat:

I plan on making it there sometime. Hopefully in the next coupe years once I can fly again

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN