Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Disney World!!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
  • 34 Replies
We've decided to go to DW next October for our anniversary & daughter's 3rd birthday. I'm so beyond excited!!! I can't wait to start planning!!!!!! My son is fascinated by the monorail so I'm thinking about stating in the Contemporary. Their pool looks really fun too!! Although, it might be too chilly to swim.. I'm Aldo considering the Polynesian. We've stayed in the Grand Floridian twice, the Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness so those are definitely out! Any suggestions?? I've thought about staying in a cheaper resort but would it feel as magical being that we've only stayed in deluxe resorts? Our kids are still young & won't know the difference but dh & I will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Oh, how exciting!

Ambear72
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Wow that is sooooo awesome!!!  we are going as soon as we can afford it!!  You are gonna have so much fun!!!

tabs852
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I'm excited!! Decided against flying since my family brings do much baggage along.

Quoting mrswillie:

Oh, how exciting!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabs852
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM
We will be using out taxes to pay for it. Originally, I had planned on paying off a credit card & other debt but DW sounds more fun! We didn't take a big vacation this year so it's time!!

Quoting Ambear72:

Wow that is sooooo awesome!!!  we are going as soon as we can afford it!!  You are gonna have so much fun!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM

How exciting!!! Ive only been once and I dont remember where we stayed, it was just a hotel though, not a resort. 

Id love to go back soon. DD is 6 now I want her to go while shes still young. I didnt go til I was 13.

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM
How exciting!! We live just 20 minutes from Disneyland, and have annual passes so we go ALOT! It is magical for us every time we enter the park, it never gets "old" and our 5 year old daughter still smiles and gets very excited the closer we get to her favorite rides!! But we make a big deal about staying at one of the resort hotels each year at Christmas time, since my husband's company usually has their holiday party at either Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure.

We stayed at the Grand Californian last year and it was AMAZING! And we are trying to decide if we should stay there again this year or pick one of the other resorts.

All of that was to say, if you can afford it, stay at the resort hotels, it really does add to the magic!!!

Have a wonderful time planning!
Ambear72
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I agree, DW does sound more fun then paying off a credit card lol

Quoting tabs852:

We will be using out taxes to pay for it. Originally, I had planned on paying off a credit card & other debt but DW sounds more fun! We didn't take a big vacation this year so it's time!!

Quoting Ambear72:

Ambear72
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I so agree with you, I am in Nevada but we dont get there nearly enough.  Its really expensive with 6 people in the family. 

When we walk through those gates its like there is a magic machine that takes away all the junk and the crud, the negativity and not so happy things in life so that the happy can come shining through.  I LOVE it!

Quoting mommy2kaelynn:

How exciting!! We live just 20 minutes from Disneyland, and have annual passes so we go ALOT! It is magical for us every time we enter the park, it never gets "old" and our 5 year old daughter still smiles and gets very excited the closer we get to her favorite rides!! But we make a big deal about staying at one of the resort hotels each year at Christmas time, since my husband's company usually has their holiday party at either Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure.

We stayed at the Grand Californian last year and it was AMAZING! And we are trying to decide if we should stay there again this year or pick one of the other resorts.

All of that was to say, if you can afford it, stay at the resort hotels, it really does add to the magic!!!

Have a wonderful time planning!

elasmimi
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

We stayed in one of the "value" hotels this year because we needed the larger room, and we were disappointed. I have heard the Contemporary is noisy, but i think I could live with a little noise to have the monorail coming through the lobby!

JamminOutMama
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Yay! Next year I will be going to Disney land for the first time ever in any Disney park! I love Disney!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)