Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways
We've decided to go to DW next October for our anniversary & daughter's 3rd birthday. I'm so beyond excited!!! I can't wait to start planning!!!!!! My son is fascinated by the monorail so I'm thinking about stating in the Contemporary. Their pool looks really fun too!! Although, it might be too chilly to swim.. I'm Aldo considering the Polynesian. We've stayed in the Grand Floridian twice, the Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness so those are definitely out! Any suggestions?? I've thought about staying in a cheaper resort but would it feel as magical being that we've only stayed in deluxe resorts? Our kids are still young & won't know the difference but dh & I will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jessica020410
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM
How exciting!! We haven't been yet. Someday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

we go every year and for the past 3 we have upgraded to a Deluxe and will not drop...we have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge twice and this past June we were at the Yacht Club...loved it...the kids loved the pool, it has a sand bottom...we will go back there again!

elasmimi
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

There is also a hotel WDW reserved for military families. Don't know anything about it cuz we're not military, but you could check it out.

dfollin
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:25 PM
We have only been there once and can't wait to go again.We stayed in the All-Star Sport,Value resort.I don't really understand the difference unless you are going to be spending a lot of time at the resort.As my teen daughter said the less we spend on a room the more we can spend on souviners and food......She has a good point.I am thinking next time if we can afford it of staying in the Polynisian because it's closer to MK and EP.My oldest son(age 32) wants to stay at AK in a Savannah room.The AS Sports was great,we were only in the room to sleep and shower mostly.On the resort,we at in the restaurant some and played in the arcade.There were lots of other things to do there but we never had time because we were always in a park. My dd said if we were going to spend some more money on a room she would like to go to Port of Orleans Riverside.I talked to a CM and she said they have renovated some of the room and they have 3D lighted headboards with princess/castle.
TigerofMu
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Shades of Green is amazing and wonderful and they have some great deals for military families.

Quoting elasmimi:

There is also a hotel WDW reserved for military families. Don't know anything about it cuz we're not military, but you could check it out.

Ittgal
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I agree with you.  Disney has a great Military Discount that your local MWR Travel Office can assist you in booking your vacation.  

Quoting Hottmomma607:

We also went to Bush Gardens! I suggest if anyone is military or know someone military to ask about discounts!

Ittgal
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Love the Yacht Club pool too.  The sandy bottom is great.  Yacht club is also a great location to stay for those who want to visit EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. You can walk from there or take a boat ride to either park entrance from the YACHT Club, BEACH Club or BOARDWALK.  The boardwalk has some nightly entertainment too.  Jugglers acts and others perform on the boardwalk.   

If you jog, you can jog around all three resorts as it makes a big circle.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

we go every year and for the past 3 we have upgraded to a Deluxe and will not drop...we have stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge twice and this past June we were at the Yacht Club...loved it...the kids loved the pool, it has a sand bottom...we will go back there again!

Ittgal
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yes, the Shades of Green is a nice resort.  However, if you are military the special being offered through the MWR Travel Office is comparable to some of the pricing at SOG.  However, if you stay at SOG you can not get the Disney Dining Plan  staying there.   The Disney Dining plan is only availalbe to those staying on Disney Resorts and using the Disney Dining plan saves you like 20% of food.  

You can even do character Brkfst, Lunch and Dinners for your table service that comes with the Plus Dining.

Quoting TigerofMu:

Shades of Green is amazing and wonderful and they have some great deals for military families.

Quoting elasmimi:

Ittgal
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Places I've stayed at and liked.

Yacht Club, Disneys Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge

Coronado Springs 

jillybean315
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM
My family and I LOVE Disney! We make a trip from Texas at least once a year! The Contemporary is fun, but the Wilderness Lodge is the fav for my kids and dh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN