Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Has anyone ever gotten sick during your travel?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

Warning I did the best I could not to make it sound too gross.  :)

This past Wednesday we were on our way to visit my family in SC.  I didn't know but DH wasn't feeling too good that morning.  We ate McDonald's breakfast and he had oj.  Little did he know that was a bad choice.  As we were leaving we prayed as usual and he asked me to drive.  He wasn't looking too good but he insisted we leave.  (10 hr trip)  About 30 minutes into our trip he grab bags that our snacks were in, dropped them out and you know the rest.  I thought we would just have to pull over but when I looked over I knew we had had to turn around.  He needed cleaning and so did the van.  We stayed at home for about 3 hours so he can rest.  About 4 pm we left and I drove the first 5 hours.

Once I was pregnant and right in the middle of a traffic jam I got sick.  We finally reached a McDonald's (lol) so I could get cleaned up.

Once my oldest let it all out 5 minutes from arriving to my mom's house.  Thank the Lord we were close.

Have you ever have to deal with sickness on a family trip?

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Got severely sick on our drive to NY when I was pregnant.
Couldn't stop shaking and no matter what I did I was freezing with the sweats. It sucked but I managed through it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

How long was your drive?  How far along were you?

Quoting AleaKat:

Couldn't stop shaking and no matter what I did I was freezing with the sweats. It sucked but I managed through it.

wingsfan1234
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM

it never fails one of my girls gets sick on a trip... our move from Michigan to Florida this past June was the worst!!  It was only the two of them and me in the  car (husband had the moving truck)  well these two girls I swear took turns getting sick multiple times!

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

amzbrznjz
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM

my youngest gets car sick, does that count?  I use gravol (vomex) for anti vomiting...I use it too when they have a tummy virus and it is so bad they cant keep down water...

AleaKat
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM
12 hour drive
I was about 6 months

Quoting mrjonesii:

How long was your drive?  How far along were you?

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RMT1995
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

My husband got seasick on the first full day of our cruise - we were sailing through a pretty bad storm off the coast of North Carolina with seas classified as "rough" ... he's a boat owner so I never thought it would affect him. We were in the middle of browsing the gift shop when he said he was going back to our cabin because he wasn't feeling right. We all went back and ordered room service. Two bites in he was running for the bathroom! :( It was so rocky that we all stayed in that night. I felt alright, I just didn't want to leave him and our daughter alone, just in case. After that he was fine, but our plans to stay on board in Florida went out the window. He wanted his feet on land for a few hours!

Hottmomma607
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Yes I did! I gottrn sick over our summer vacay at Disney W. I had a cold! :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We haven't been on a cruise yet.  Getting sea sick is the one thing I'm afraid of. 

Quoting RMT1995:

My husband got seasick on the first full day of our cruise - we were sailing through a pretty bad storm off the coast of North Carolina with seas classified as "rough" ... he's a boat owner so I never thought it would affect him. We were in the middle of browsing the gift shop when he said he was going back to our cabin because he wasn't feeling right. We all went back and ordered room service. Two bites in he was running for the bathroom! :( It was so rocky that we all stayed in that night. I felt alright, I just didn't want to leave him and our daughter alone, just in case. After that he was fine, but our plans to stay on board in Florida went out the window. He wanted his feet on land for a few hours!

mrjonesii
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Oooo never had to deal with anything like this.  One is more than enough.

Quoting wingsfan1234:

it never fails one of my girls gets sick on a trip... our move from Michigan to Florida this past June was the worst!!  It was only the two of them and me in the  car (husband had the moving truck)  well these two girls I swear took turns getting sick multiple times!

erienne06
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I get airsick when I fly so I have to take something everytime
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN