Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Has anyone ever gotten sick during your travel?

Posted by   + Show Post

Warning I did the best I could not to make it sound too gross.  :)

This past Wednesday we were on our way to visit my family in SC.  I didn't know but DH wasn't feeling too good that morning.  We ate McDonald's breakfast and he had oj.  Little did he know that was a bad choice.  As we were leaving we prayed as usual and he asked me to drive.  He wasn't looking too good but he insisted we leave.  (10 hr trip)  About 30 minutes into our trip he grab bags that our snacks were in, dropped them out and you know the rest.  I thought we would just have to pull over but when I looked over I knew we had had to turn around.  He needed cleaning and so did the van.  We stayed at home for about 3 hours so he can rest.  About 4 pm we left and I drove the first 5 hours.

Once I was pregnant and right in the middle of a traffic jam I got sick.  We finally reached a McDonald's (lol) so I could get cleaned up.

Once my oldest let it all out 5 minutes from arriving to my mom's house.  Thank the Lord we were close.

Have you ever have to deal with sickness on a family trip?

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Replies (11-14):
wingsfan1234
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

it was bad.. luckily they're fairly good at making it in their bucket..LOL  but we had to change clothes a few times and they had went through an entire package of baby wipes..LOL   (they are now 6 and 3) 

Quoting mrjonesii:

Oooo never had to deal with anything like this.  One is more than enough.

Quoting wingsfan1234:

it never fails one of my girls gets sick on a trip... our move from Michigan to Florida this past June was the worst!!  It was only the two of them and me in the  car (husband had the moving truck)  well these two girls I swear took turns getting sick multiple times!

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

mrjonesii
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Wow.  I'm glad you all made it through this.

Quoting wingsfan1234:

it was bad.. luckily they're fairly good at making it in their bucket..LOL  but we had to change clothes a few times and they had went through an entire package of baby wipes..LOL   (they are now 6 and 3) 

Quoting mrjonesii:

Oooo never had to deal with anything like this.  One is more than enough.

Quoting wingsfan1234:

it never fails one of my girls gets sick on a trip... our move from Michigan to Florida this past June was the worst!!  It was only the two of them and me in the  car (husband had the moving truck)  well these two girls I swear took turns getting sick multiple times!

babynurse454
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Yes, I was in England staying with friends and git a horrible UTI, i was in so much pain, the family i was staying with called there doctor he actually made a house call!! Put me ob antibiotics, I told him i was a nurse and knew what i had, he took my word for it and wrote me out my prescription.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Ugh UTI!.  I suffer from that periodically.  This is one uncomfortable thing to go through.

Quoting babynurse454:

Yes, I was in England staying with friends and git a horrible UTI, i was in so much pain, the family i was staying with called there doctor he actually made a house call!! Put me ob antibiotics, I told him i was a nurse and knew what i had, he took my word for it and wrote me out my prescription.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN