Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My review of St. Louis, MO

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 25 Replies

DH and I are planning a trip to St. Louise for our anniversary in January.  Please if you live here or been recommend a place to stay, eat and sight see.  We plan to be there from Thursday to Sunday.  We don't gamble, drink, or go to club.  But we love theater, museums and such.

Thanks in advance.

Update

First let me thank you all again for your help. DH and I went last weekend to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. We're from Indy so we're close to both Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO.

Thursday we drove to Springfield to visit the Lincoln Museum. IT WAS AWESOME! I think we agree it is the best museum we've been to so far and we've been to many. If it was a warmer day we would have seen other things as well. We then drove to St. Louis to check in our hotel.

Friday we went to the arch and walked to the old court house. We ate at Pappy's. Loved our meal! That night we saw Wicked. It was good! The Fox Theater is beautiful!!!

Saturday we went to the Budweiser tour. Although we don't drink alcohol we enjoyed the tour. We got to see the Clydesdale. I was really impressed with how huge and clean that place was. We also visited the Thomas Jefferson Historical museum. On our way there we witnessed an accident where a car flipped and landed upside down. I had to call 9-1-1 and my husband helped assist the person get out. THANK GOD it wasn't fatal.

Overall we like St. Louis. I'm glad we went and probably will take a family trip there in the near future.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  1. the Arch
  2. Tour the Budweiser brewery
  3. Visit Grant's Farm
  4. go to Springfield, IL to see Lincoln's presidential museum (2 hours away)
kimber2465
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

the zoo is awesome! and it's free! the only thing they charge for if food, a few shows, rides, the botanical garden

forest park, the city museum, Missouri history museum, st. louis science center, the Kemp auto.

another thing that i do- is i request the visitor info from where ever we are going, or thinking about sent to the house. most of the time, they came with maps, coupons, ect!

mrjonesii
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Thx ladies! I will look into these.  Again thanks.

mrskathleen
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

ok we have great science museum its in the park 

forest Park on Oakland  Avenue and the HISTORY  Museum on tne other s

ide by .....side of the park ..ON Linsell avenue very interesting ! in the city 

on the south side and not to far away is Mr Shaws Garden witch has been operation for

a hundred years. ITS christmas display should still be on in the climatron  LOOK IT UP!

The gateway arch is downtown and u can go to the top  and look out of the arch.. 

ENJOY  Oh! The Italian restraunts are on the Hill by the garden for great food..try anyone of them.

MRSKATHLEENeating

TabM
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

If you like theater check out the Fox theatre. It is a site to see. Also try out the Imo's pizza, yummy and an Stl original.

mrjonesii
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Thx!

Quoting mrskathleen:

on the south side and not to far away is Mr Shaws Garden witch has been operation for

a hundred years. ITS christmas display should still be on in the climatron  LOOK IT UP!

The gateway arch is downtown and u can go to the top  and look out of the arch.. 

ENJOY  Oh! The Italian restraunts are on the Hill by the garden for great food..try anyone of them.

MRSKATHLEENeating

mrjonesii
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thx!

Quoting TabM:

If you like theater check out the Fox theatre. It is a site to see. Also try out the Imo's pizza, yummy and an Stl original.

mrjonesii
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM

DH and I decided we will travel to Springfield first and then go to St. Louis. We looked at the hotels downtown (St. Louis) and the one I like best (four seasons) we don't want to pay that much for. So we're looking to stay on the outskirts of the downtown area. Is there an area and/or hotel you would recommend? Thanks.

Quoting ddhb2007:

1. the Arch
  2. Tour the Budweiser brewery
  3. Visit Grant's Farm
  4. go to Springfield, IL to see Lincoln's presidential museum (2 hours away)

mrjonesii
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Great suggestions about the visitors info and coupons. I will have to look this up. Do you live in St. Louis? DH and I are trying to narrow things down. The hotels downtown is questionable for us so we're looking outside of the area. Do you know of a good area and/or hotel? Thanks.

Quoting kimber2465:

the zoo is awesome! and it's free! the only thing they charge for if food, a few shows, rides, the botanical garden

forest park, the city museum, Missouri history museum, st. louis science center, the Kemp auto.

another thing that i do- is i request the visitor info from where ever we are going, or thinking about sent to the house. most of the time, they came with maps, coupons, ect!

mrjonesii
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Sounds like you live in St. Louis? Besides downtown what area and/or hotel would you suggest we try?

Quoting mrskathleen:

MRSKATHLEENeating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)