Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

DH and I are planning a trip to St. Louise for our anniversary in January.  Please if you live here or been recommend a place to stay, eat and sight see.  We plan to be there from Thursday to Sunday.  We don't gamble, drink, or go to club.  But we love theater, museums and such.

Thanks in advance.

Update

First let me thank you all again for your help. DH and I went last weekend to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. We're from Indy so we're close to both Springfield, IL and St. Louis, MO.

Thursday we drove to Springfield to visit the Lincoln Museum. IT WAS AWESOME! I think we agree it is the best museum we've been to so far and we've been to many. If it was a warmer day we would have seen other things as well. We then drove to St. Louis to check in our hotel.

Friday we went to the arch and walked to the old court house. We ate at Pappy's. Loved our meal! That night we saw Wicked. It was good! The Fox Theater is beautiful!!!

Saturday we went to the Budweiser tour. Although we don't drink alcohol we enjoyed the tour. We got to see the Clydesdale. I was really impressed with how huge and clean that place was. We also visited the Thomas Jefferson Historical museum. On our way there we witnessed an accident where a car flipped and landed upside down. I had to call 9-1-1 and my husband helped assist the person get out. THANK GOD it wasn't fatal.

Overall we like St. Louis. I'm glad we went and probably will take a family trip there in the near future.

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-25):
sassygoddess
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Nope not offended. Spelling is a big pet peeve of mine.. Lol... Glad you got to see Wicked... Did you enjoy the show and your stay.

Quoting mrjonesii:

I'm just now seeing your comment. First of all sorry if I offended you in the spelling it was a simple mistake. Secondly dh and I figured it out. No we did not stay downtown. We did see Wicked. 

Quoting sassygoddess:

It's St. Louis for one...but you can go to the Arch, Art Museum,there are tons of places to go...just google it..are you staying downtown?  The musical Wicked is playing at the Fox Theatre..it might still be there then.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Yes we did. The fox theater is gorgeous.   Did the arch, old court house, Budweiser and history museum. 

Quoting sassygoddess:

Nope not offended. Spelling is a big pet peeve of mine.. Lol... Glad you got to see Wicked... Did you enjoy the show and your stay.

Quoting mrjonesii:

I'm just now seeing your comment. First of all sorry if I offended you in the spelling it was a simple mistake. Secondly dh and I figured it out. No we did not stay downtown. We did see Wicked. 

Quoting sassygoddess:

It's St. Louis for one...but you can go to the Arch, Art Museum,there are tons of places to go...just google it..are you staying downtown?  The musical Wicked is playing at the Fox Theatre..it might still be there then.

mrjonesii
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hello just want you to know we took your advice and went to Springfield on our way to St. Louis. I updated my post if you're interested. The farm was the only thing we didn't do. It was a little too cold. St. Louis offers a lot of free things to do. We decided we will take our girls one weekend when it's warmer. Again thanks. We had a lot of fun.

Quoting ddhb2007:

1. the Arch
  2. Tour the Budweiser brewery
  3. Visit Grant's Farm
  4. go to Springfield, IL to see Lincoln's presidential museum (2 hours away)

mrskathleen
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I am so glad that u had a good time..Come again !  and see our famous ZOO.. And try our Italian restraumts.The FOX isa  grand old theater and was restored and saved  THANK YOU  MRSKATHLEEN.

mrjonesii
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

thx we will

Quoting mrskathleen:

I am so glad that u had a good time..Come again !  and see our famous ZOO.. And try our Italian restraumts.The FOX isa  grand old theater and was restored and saved  THANK YOU  MRSKATHLEEN.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)