Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Carnival cruise June 2013

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

I just booked a cruise for my family to the Caribean. We will be flying to Puerto Rico on June 2nd and visiting St kitts, St maarten, Barbados, St Thomas etc.

If you have been to any islands...please share your best excursions and words of wisdom :) This is our 3rd cruise, so we are familiar w the process, just not these islands.

2 adults

15, 13, 11, 8 yr old kiddos!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RMT1995
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We're doing a Carnival cruise in April and two of the ports are the same (St. Thomas and St. Maarten)

At St. Maarten, I got a lot of very good reviews for Bernard's tours. He has both preset and private customizable tours (we reserved the private) His preset tours include Maho Beach (where the planes land really low to the beach - Google it!) and an iguana farm, a shopping area, a beach, etc. http://www.bernardstours.com/

It's my and my husband's first time to St. Thomas, and we've heard good things about the view from Paradise Point, but we chose to do Carnival's "Champagne Catamaran tour to St. John" instead. Our friends who are going with us have been to St. Thomas twice before and wanted to go to St. John.

Our other port is Nassau, which we stopped at last April on our last cruise.

Julia13
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Wow Thanks! I am looking intot he tour now. We are doing one in St Kitts, hopefully is very differemt lol, they are expensive! So he just takes you around??

RMT1995
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Yep, they have different guides - if you do a preset tour, they take you to a few set locations. We opted to do the private tour, since we had 11 people and we were able to decide just what we wanted to see. I've heard tons of really good reviews for it, and I think it's only about $25 per person? You only have to put down $5 per person for those preset tours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)