Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trip w/o hubby

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday I booked a trip for my family (there are 6 of us) and my nieces to go to Disneyland at the end of this month.  My husband cant go now!  I am so sad.  He had to have medication that is really restricted.  Only he or I can pick up the prescription and he can only get it at certain times of the month.  Its a pain med and with out it he dosnt function.  Well he cant get it any earlier then the 26th, and he cant get it later then the 1st unless he goes 2 weeks without it.  That is not even an option.  He wouldnt get out of bed if that were the casen (him being w/o the meds) We will be in Disneyland on the 26th.  I cant change the dates cuz of the rules so he cant go.  My SIL is going to go instead, but I want my Hubby there.  My SIL is a great person but she is very moody and so not as much fun as Jeff. 

What would you do in my situation?

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tonijmccann
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Talk to his doctor and bring in proof of the trip. He should let him get it early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Good point that tonijmccann brought up. Or have his doctor write another prescription and you can get filled when you get there.

Was this something you both knew before you made the plans?

Ambear72
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I didnt know about it, and he forgot.  (He had memory issues, he didnt tell me until after we paid for it all)

He tried to talk to the Dr, its not the Dr its the Controlled substance people that wont let the Dr release the Medicine until the 26th.  If it were up to his Dr it wouldnt be a problem.  He take Methadone with is a narcotic and very supervised and controlled. 

Quoting mrjonesii:

Good point that tonijmccann brought up. Or have his doctor write another prescription and you can get filled when you get there.

mrjonesii
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Ok sorry you have to go w/out him. It would hurt me too. I love my husband. He's my BFF and fun w/ the kids.

Quoting Ambear72:

I didnt know about it, and he forgot.  (He had memory issues, he didnt tell me until after we paid for it all)

He tried to talk to the Dr, its not the Dr its the Controlled substance people that wont let the Dr release the Medicine until the 26th.  If it were up to his Dr it wouldnt be a problem.  He take Methadone with is a narcotic and very supervised and controlled. 

Quoting mrjonesii:

RMT1995
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I thought methedone was only given out at clinics in very small amounts? My brother has to go every other day because he's a recovering heroin addict. Couldn't he find a clinic closer to your vacation area that the doctor could transfer the dosage for that time?

ETA: I'm not suggesting your husband is a heroin addict, I'm just referring to why I have knowledge of methadone usages. Unfortunately.

Ambear72
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I didn't think you were. That might be how it works for recovering drug users. Jeff uses it as a Pain Controller. He goes to a Pain Management Dr. It's very controlled.

Quoting RMT1995:

I thought methedone was only given out at clinics in very small amounts? My brother has to go every other day because he's a recovering heroin addict. Couldn't he find a clinic closer to your vacation area that the doctor could transfer the dosage for that time?

ETA: I'm not suggesting your husband is a heroin addict, I'm just referring to why I have knowledge of methadone usages. Unfortunately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Right before we left Jeff punched a dresser and broke his hand. It was not not meant to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)