Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Vacations & Getaways Family Vacations & Getaways

Niagara Falls - any suggestions?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
  • 2 Replies

We're planning a few days in Niagara this summer (first time for all three of us) and are staying at the Hampton Inn north of the falls (about a mile or so away, on the Canadian side) because a friend got us a great deal. Other than seeing the falls, what else should we look to do? We're going for 4 days/3 nights in August, 2 adults and a 9 year old. 

We've put this trip off for years because we continue to book cruises, but with the great hotel rate, we're making it a priority. We're not opposed to driving a bit either, if it's worth it.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
There's a butterfly exhibit that my daughter loved. We also stopped at a glass blowing shop where they put on demonstrations. Driving through New York State, we saw several wineries that you could visit too.
KLove_Mom
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM

We did the ferry ride up under the falls when I was a teen and I thought it was neat. They give you ponchos because you get hit by the spray.

We were only there for a night so we didn't do much else... but I remember that just being able to tell my friends I'd gone into Canada was cool. So whatever you find should make for some wonderful memories.

Check out TripAdvisor.com for recommendations on Things to Do and restaurants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)