Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More info on Mer People

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 486 Total Views

The Mer People

Introduction: the Mer Clan

To fulfill the purpose of the Mother Goddess, namely to restore white magic to the human kingdom, more kingdoms than just the horse races and fairy realms participated. Kingdoms such as the Mer clans and other forgotten kingdoms have brought forth willingly and gladly not only the sacred objects they have guarded, but the secrets they have held.

The statement "knowledge is power" has far more truth to it than generally realized. Perception gained yields personal power and that in turn elevates consciousness. The gift of knowledge shared by these magical kingdoms is therefore a gift of consciousness to mankind.

The magic shared tests our willingness to receive and appreciate what is given; to take seriously the sacred responsibility that goes hand in hand with the magic. Only then will we be able to receive the rest of the knowledge held in the magical kingdoms.

The Remaining Mer People

Few there are that remain of the once proud race of the Mer clans, each traveling within separate areas of the oceans.

Only fifty of the Oonim Clan are left. They are the ones that can breathe both under water and in the air. In the last days of November 2006, they received their magic from Mother.

The Vraanim Clan are the only ones that have had magic (this replenished the magic they had depleted eons ago when they made the transition from land to ocean dwellers) throughout the ages. Of the Vraanim, only twenty-five are left.

The Waaroom, like the Oonim, have just received their magic from Mother. The Waaroom are smaller than the other clans; there are twenty-five of them left.

Descriptions of The Mer People

The people of Mer look a lot like humans, with big, wide human-like eyes of dark blue. They have broad facial features, a small nose and forehead, and ears close to their heads. They grow hair, and like humans, the men have facial hair. They all have webbing between their fingers. Some wear clothes while others do not.

The three clans do have specific distinguishing features, however, as outlined below.

The Oonim:
The Oonim are six feet tall. This is the only clan who breathe below and above the water, and so they have only one fish-like gill on each side of the neck.

The skin and hair of the Oonim are various shades of green. They have a fish-like tail that starts at the area of the knees, with wide and short tail fins.

The Waaroom:
The people of the Waaroom Clan are only three feet tall, with smooth, peach-color skin. As they breathe only underwater, they have two gills on each side of their neck.

Their hair is black. Their feet are about twice as long as a human's with five elongated toes that are webbed, much like frog's feet. They have no nails on their fingers or toes.

*This info was taken from a website that you guys might find interesting:

http://www.mysticalkingdoms.com/

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MySavinGrace
by New Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM

That's some cool info!

witchdragon
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I have to remember to come back and finish this when I have more time

witchdragon
by Group Owner on May. 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM

That's so neat mer people are one of the creatures I know the least about I think I may be spending a lot of time looking at that site

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)