Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spirituality vs. Religion

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:48 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 297 Total Views
Why I am a "Spiritualist" and not a lover of Organized Religion....

Spirituality vs. Religion...

SPIRITUALITY SAYS THAT GOD IS WITHIN US AND THAT WE DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE TO MAKE THAT DIVINE CONNECTION FOR US.

RELIGION SAYS THAT WE ARE SEPARATED FROM GOD AND THAT WE NEED "THEM" TO MAKE THAT DIVINE CONNECTION.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS THAT WE ARE FREE TO MAKE CHOICES ON OUR OWN AND THAT WE MUST TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS.

RELIGION SAYS WE MUST MAKE THEIR CHOICES AND ACT THEIR WAY.

THE THEME OF SPIRITUALITY IS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

THE THEME OF RELIGION IS FEAR AND GUILT.

SPIRITUALITY DOES NOT REQUIRE US TO MAKE DONATIONS.

RELIGION HAS BECOME BIG BUSINESS.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS THERE IS NO HELL, NO JUDGEMENT, NO ANGRY GOD... THAT WE ARE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY.

RELIGION SAYS THERE IS A HELL, GOD GETS ANGRY AND JUDGES US... THEREFORE, WE ARE NOT LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE OUR OWN PATH TO GOD.

RELIGION COMMANDS US TO DO IT THEIR WAY.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE GO TO GOD TO LIGHTEN OUR BURDEN.

RELIGION HAS TAUGHT US TO FEAR THEIR GOD.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE SHOULD NOT BE ASHAMED OF OUR SEXUALITY... THAT IT SHOULD BE A SACRED CELEBRATION OF LOVE.

RELIGION HAS TAUGHT US TO FEEL ASHAMED, GUILTY AND DIRTY ABOUT OUR SEXUALITY.

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES US TO HONOR AND RESPECT MOTHER EARTH

RELIGION HAS TOLD US TO "BE THOU FRUITFUL, MULTIPLY AND SUBDUE THE EARTH" I REPEAT... "SUBDUE THE EARTH".

SPIRITUALITY REMINDS US THAT WE ARE ONE WITH GOD AND ONE WITH EACH OTHER.

RELIGION TEACHES DISUNITY AND SEPARATION WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF GOD.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS GOD IS WITHIN.

RELIGION SAYS HE IS IN HEAVEN AND THAT "THEY" ARE THE ONLY INTERMEDIARIES FOR US.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE ARE BORN IN INNOCENCE AND PURITY.

RELIGION SAYS WE ARE BORN WITH SIN.

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES THAT WE ARE ON A LONG SPIRITUAL ADVENTURE AND JOURNEY WHICH WILL ULTIMATELY END BY REUNITING WITH OUR SOURCE.

RELIGION SAYS WE'VE GOT ONE LIFE TO GET IT ALL RIGHT AND THERE IS NOTHING BUT HEAVEN OR HELL AFTER THAT.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE ARE FREE TO EXPRESS.

RELIGION GAVE US THE DREADED INQUISITION.

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR ALL.

RELIGION GAVE US THE CRUSADES IN WHICH MANY WERE KILLED AND SLAUGHTERED IN THE NAME OF GOD.

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES THAT WE SHOULD LOVE ONE ANOTHER. UNCONDITIONALLY AND ALWAYS HONOR THE RIGHTS AND CHOICES OF OTHERS.

RELIGION TREATED NATIVE AMERICANS, THE MAYANS AND OTHER INDIGENOUS CULTURES AS SAVAGE PRIMITIVES WHO "MUST BE SAVED".

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES PEACE AND HARMONY.

RELIGION HAS CAUSED MORE WARS AND MORE KILLING THAN ANY OTHER REASON.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS RESPECT ALL LIVING THINGS.

I NEVER ONCE HEARD ANY RELIGION SAY STOP SLAUGHTERING MILLIONS OF TREES EVERY YEAR FOR CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY.

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES US TO HAVE FAITH IN OURSELVES.

RELIGION TEACHES US TO HAVE FAITH IN THEM.

SPIRITUALITY SAYS WE HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS... THAT WE CAN FIND THEM BY "GOING WITHIN".

RELIGION TEACHES US THAT IT HAS ALL THE ANSWERS AND ONLY ITS ANSWERS ARE THE RIGHT ONES

SPIRITUALITY TEACHES US TO SEARCH FOR THE UNIVERSAL TRUTHS AND OUR HEARTS WILL TELL US WHEN WE HAVE FOUND THEM

RELIGION TEACHES WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ACCEPT THEIR VERSION OF THE TRUTH

WHICH ONE FEELS BETTER TO YOU? SPIRITUALITY OR RELIGION?

GO TO YOUR HEART FOR THE ANSWER IT WILL NEVER LIE TO YOU..

I am a Spiritualist and believe God is Pure Unconditional Love and does not have human qualities such as hate, judgement, etc....it is humans who create these evils...I think it is a shame that many twist the Bible around to pass judgement on others......The Bible is Inspired from God but remember - written by Man......so long ago, translated from a translated version of a translated translated translated Bible. With that said - Spirituality or Religion - what truly matters is you accept and Love God...by whatever name you call God....

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
estop
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM

i like this one .can i make a copy to put on my desk?or send it to me please.

Vila: Nature\\\'s AngelCaroline

angelsrule
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2007 at 3:13 PM
This is so true ,i have always felt uncomfortable in organized  religion,i remember as a child going to religion and the nuns scaring the crap out of me ,and i always wondered why so many rules ,iam comfortable in my belifes now ,and if i want to talk to God i don't need a chruch to do it in .
estop
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 3:41 PM
so true ,how are you ?i love this post . i agree with it 100 percent.

Vila: Nature\\\'s AngelCaroline

terrasoul
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 6:57 AM
I just joined the group (no. 15) and I have gotten to the right place. Just today I wrote to someone that I am spiritual and don't believe in organized religion! That is no coincidence that I came here. Having a few religous people in my husbands family trying to convert me every now and then, I have learned more about religion. There is no excuse that the christians burned witches in the name of god and this country is very christian - very scary! I used to hang out with wiccans and when I heard the pastor in a christian church talk about dark places where wiccans are and they need to be converted and they would send someone on a mission to convert them I had a talk with the pastor, how could he say wiccans are all dark sided! The wiccans I hung out with had only good purposes on their mind. It really ticked me of. I was very interested in magic years ago and one christian told me that all magic is black and evil and I got scared thinking back of the times when they burned the witches. It really freaked me out, I felt like I am surrounded by christians that are gonna freak out some day and start harming or even killing people that don't believe in christianity.

Well, I am not convertable, I believe in a god that loves all his children, no matter what they do and I don't believe in sin and hell and salvation and all that other crap. Fear tactics! It is so scary that they are so extreme and really believe all the stuff they are being told to believe in. I guess they think the same way about us but how can you wanna live in fear. They were singing: Love you, fear you...oh Jesus. omg. And then they leave their five year old daughter alone at home while they went to church and she came crying to me because no one was home. And then they moved apart before they got married because they are not supposed to have sex before marriage (although they already did it, before they were converted) and then they still do it and use all kinds of sex toys (sorry, that is just something I happend to hear). It was so hypocritical.

I wish I had as much money to spend as my FIL leaves in church. First comes the Lord (then the family).
Nicole101306
by Member on Jul. 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM
I loved this post!
I want to say first that I am actually Buddhist now... but that being said... I was born and raised a Catholic... I left Catholicism when I was old enough to think on my own because of all these reasons... at that time I didn't know anything about Buddhism and I felt the same way as this post does about all organized religion and always said I was a spiritual person... just not religious.... but for me... I was still very lost in understanding what spiritual meant.
I want to make it perfectly clear before I continue here that I am sharing this to introduce you to me... not to convert anyone to Buddhism... lol. I don't believe in converting... neither does Buddhism itself... you go where your heart tells you. I needed Buddhism...... not everyone does.
So anyways... my favorite quote of Buddha's (who is not a god in the Buddhist religion by the way.. lol) is " Believe nothing, no matter who said it, no matter if I said it, unless it agrees with your own sense and reason." The fabulous thing about Buddhism is it does teach you to look inside... that all your answers are inside... for me it helped me because it taught me HOW to look inside.... it made me realize that ...that was what I was looking for.... was me.
....and I found all these same answers.... and that's why I love this post... because even though I am Buddhist and you are simply spiritual... we have come to the same conclusions about the source of all no matter what it is named, that we are connected to it, it is inside...... and most of all... .we have come to the same conclusion about love.

Peace. LOVE. Namaste.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)