Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all the Skeptics of the Secret....Read please..

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

Some are believing the "Secret" is against the Bible. If you are one of those people that take the Bible word for word and don't see it as the beautiful symbology much of it is....here are some examples of direct word relationship to the Law.

First of All, the LOA (Law of Attraction) is a physical law, a powerful Law of the Universe, a Law of Physics...it cannot be disproven and has always been. There are other Laws, such as the Law of Cause and Effect, etc...Law of Free Will....

"The Secret" or "The Law of Attraction" is not a new concept. In fact, it isn't a secret at all.

The law of attraction was first promulgated by some of the earliest wise men, and it appears again and again throughout the Bible. But very few people have learned or understood it.
 The principles of the Secret - the principles of success, appear throughout the Bible, if you only look carefully.....these are asking the Universe or as most call to....God. "As a Man Thinketh, So He is...""As Ye Sow, So Shall Ye Reap..""Ask and believing, Ye Shall Receive..."and sooooooooooooooo many more.....Of course each translation of the Bible words these a bit different but they all come out to stating the same point. The Law is Ask, Believe, and Receive.But there are other components that must be, in order for the Law to fully work in our favor. It is easy but you must know the sub-components for it all to unfold seamlessly.You must have gratitude for your current life, you must know and show pure forgiveness for yourself and others, no matter what you have done in the past that you regret, you must treat others kindly and with love as this is how you would want to be treated (i.e. dont blow them off because of some kind of fear or negative thought process you have....this will only bring others in your life to treat you the same way eventually and you will feel the "hurt" that you caused someone else (Karma) - who wants that? Forgive yourself ( we all make mistakes) and then say you are sorry to the person you have "hurt". You will be doing a HUGE service to yourself and the other)....you must take action when that intuitive nudge or thought takes ahold of you. Focus on it, it will expand, and it will manifest. A business idea perhaps?? You must have Faith that this works (believe) and not have fear that it won't come. 

(Don't Await it, Create it)  If you are a skeptic - You cannot test it just to prove that "See....it doesnt work hahaha..".Of course it wont work with that attitude cause your intention is negative and negativity only breeds more negativity....Like attracts LIke....
.if your intention is to prove someone or some Powerful Law that has been around for eons wrong...(this thought stems from fear)...then the results will be more crap in your life, because you were focusing on the negative.   I feel it is sad that some are saying it goes against the Bible and the Chuch. This is a law that God gifted us with. And you are then living in a notion of lack and limitation and that somehow being poor, not having the "nice" things will make God happier. God is not human therefore God does not have selfish human ego, therefore God does not fear, anger, hate, judge, punish. (in my beliefs).  Doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't "feel" right to me and never did when i was a child growing up in the Lutheran community.

Many will read symbology and stories as pure fact..... I feel it is terrible to give our Creator humanistic qualities because that is then Lowering God down to human level which we all know is very flawed. And in essence, you are then judging your Creator!!! God is not flawed. Our egos are flawed. Our SOULS are not flawed, they were made in his image, our Egos were given to us on Earth so that we would learn from our mistakes. Without Ego, there would be no mistakes. Ego - meaning living our of fear, anger, judgement, selfishness, etc...

If one believes God gets angry, therefore u are saying God has an Ego and has human qualities.  I think NOT.

Yes we are created in "his image" but this can be interpreted in soooo.....many ways. I believe we are created in "his likeness and image" in terms of our Spirits that live eternally.........in terms of Pure Love and Spiritual Gifts of the mind and the gifts of Healing and Wisdom and Knowledge . We have free will and all God wants us to do with this Free Will is to Love ourselves and others and better this World. God does not want us to Fear him/her.  God wants us to look within and feel the Godsparks he implanted within us and use this to live our lives wisely and lovingly. Most impotantly MISUNDERSTOOD, are the nay-sayers that think we are using this Law to have riches for ourselves. NO, the Law, The "Secret" states that if our Intentions are Pure and we are creating and manifesting prosperity and abundance with intention to also help others......then does the Secret fully work.

We cannot manifest to win the lottery or manifest tons of money so we can quit our jobs and live selfishly. No. Our intentions then are based on ego and the Secret will not work. If our intentions are PURE and from Love our Visions and Desires will Manifest quickly - it  is about receiving, helping us and our families so as to give to others so they can receive and give to others.....etc.
       If you are desiring something or someone right now, why not go where your Heart is trying to lead you? Why listen to Societal brainwashing when the truth is withing YOU! YOU - God's creation.

Maybe that thing or person you Desire will bring you true knowledge of who you are and total bliss. Or maybe it won't work out, but you will learn from it either way. And each Lesson is pure and positive and necessary. If your gut says "that thing is dangerous and will hurt me" then of course dont do it. But if that thing brings you happiness and fulfillment and is not harmful to you as a person....why listen to others control tactics? BE YOURSELF. Then you will truly know what it is to LOVE YOURSELF.The question is, are you currently totally happy with your Life at this moment, in every way??? Most would say no. Some would say yes to please others but are lying and know the fears and hidden thoughts and desires they harbor inside. What are you hiding from? Why hide from yourself? In essence then you are hiding from the Great Creator.Go for what you WANT, go for what you DESIRE, emotional and physical...NOBODY controls YOU except you. If there is a certain person you desire to be with but others tell you its wrong (maybe they are jealous, maybe they want you all for themselves for selfish reasons) but deep inside you know it feels right and you want it, why let others control your desires and happiness?

Listen to you Heart. God gave you this to move you onto a path of fulfillment.Follow your heart. God gave you the path to walk on and find your destination.Experience your Desires and Passions. God gave you this so you can learn and find out who you really are. Written by Willow (a.k.a. Gina)

When you live a life around your Passions - without fear -.....you succeed in all that you Desire.
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommy143jesse
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM
Wow, that's intense. I'm not a skeptic and never really have been but I sure do have a lot to work on. I use to be a strong believer and was really working on bettering my life but I got side tracked by love and lust (which is how my son came to be). I yearn to feel whole again. I want to feel good, joyous, pure, and enlighten again. I hurt so bad.  
I'm new to cafemom and I've been searching for a group to join where I can vent all the negative feelings and thoughts that cloud me. I looked into all the confession type groups but those defenantly don't suit me. I need spirituality!!!! I want to be inspired and I want to heal. 
Sarah 
terrasoul
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 7:10 AM
I totally believe in the law of attraction. And it was necessary that I came across it because I know about all those struggles, all that venting, feeling bad and hurt. We have to practice seeing what we want and not focusing on what we don't want. Every day. Turn it around. Ignore the things you don't want and look at what you want. See checks coming in the house instead of bills (that's a hard one...)

I have been able to manifest little things so far and it is always interesting how things that I need or want come to me without effort but just waiting for them to show up. A new TV, digicam, a bookshelf (finally I was able to unpack all my spiritual books) and all the other things. I got the man I wanted, got the car I wanted (little compromise due to lack of time...) and I know I can have everything else. Things aroundn me change as I change. If I don't focus on the things I don't want they disappear, they are no big deal anymore. Sometimes we just have to distract ourself with things we enjoy while we are waiting for our stuff coming from escrow into our life.

I am full of faith that I can have what I want. Even if it takes time, it will be there and I have to keep my faith and feel like it is already there.
WillowSoul
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM
Awesome Terra, thanks for your input!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)