Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spanish or English?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM
  • 91 Replies

What language did you learn first?  What do you mostly speak at home?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaydensmama0607
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM

i speak english, i only know a handful of spanish......i would love to learn to speak spahish fluently. i am one hundred precent puerto rican, but iwas adopted so i dont speak any fluent spanish, tho i wish so much that ican, do u know of any sites that could help me learn

BxMommy04
by Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:05 AM

My 1st language was Spanish, and I do speak it at home but with my kids its a little of both I guess. :)

PRMommy86
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I learned English first since I am an Army brat. But I did learn afterwards :) In our home we speak 95% Spanish lol and 5% English. DS undrstands Spanish but can speak it, like I was when i was little lol.

Mommy to Hector, SAHM, and proud Army Wife.

Join us on the MAMAS LATINAS  Group Mod

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I learned both , but my main language is English.  My mother and grandmother only spoke spanish and my dad spoke both english and spanish to me.  I'm trying to teach my dd, so I try to just speak spanish to her (sometimes I forget)

kgmmw
by Kimberly-US/Mex on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:55 AM

since im gringa I learned English first lol, then I learned spanish and have spoken it for 11 years now :) we speak both hubby and i speak spanish and the kids english and some spanish.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I learned spanish first but we mostly speak english at home.

SDbabe
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I learned spanish first but spoke both by the time I was in preschool.  When my mom remarried (stepdad is white) we stopped speaking spanish at home and lost a lot of it.  Now I speak spanglish, lol.

Shabaam_CFC
by Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM

My family are spanish speaking, and i grew up speaking spanish. I speak spanish when I go home, and I try to speak to my son in spanish when it just me and him. But now English is the main language.

mamma2mygirls
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM

I learned English and that's the only language I speak. LOL! I tried learning Spanish in highschool but that didnt' go to well. I just couldn't learn it. My daughter is in Kindergarten and we have her in a special program at her school and she learns Spanish as her second language. It's great and she loves it. She trys to teach me and she teaches her younger sister words she learned in class. It's cute.

SarahFire82
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM

English (super white girl here, lol) but my husband teaches our son a little spanish. He is not fluent but he still wants our son to learn as much as he can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)