Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Protests

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM
  • 14 Replies

http://www.kgan.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/2f9f906f-www.kgan.com.shtml

Vandalism to Arizona Capitol building
April 26, 2010 14:15 EDT

PHOENIX (AP) -- Crews are cleaning up the Arizona state Capitol today after vandals smeared refried beans in the shape of swastikas on the windows.

Capitol police think the vandalism occurred overnight.

It's the first vandalism at the Capitol since Gov. Jan Brewer signed the immigration enforcement bill into law on Friday.

Thousands gathered over the weekend to protest the law that makes it a state crime to be an illegal immigrant in the state. Police said the protests were peaceful and there were no clashes.

More demonstrations are planned for today

http://www.kgan.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/2f9f906f-www.kgan.com.shtml

by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chica1965
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

this is going to mirror the civil rights  movement   I plan on being on that  battle field  

I  told my  hubb set aside bail I will  participate in civil disobedience  (  yep  hippy generation mama )  

I have  ever legal right to  speak my  American born mind against this   Rasict bull@@@@

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Wow.  I'm glad they are out there protesting.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM

good 

Quoting chica1965:

this is going to mirror the civil rights  movement   I plan on being on that  battle field  

I  told my  hubb set aside bail I will  participate in civil disobedience  (  yep  hippy generation mama )  

I have  ever legal right to  speak my  American born mind against this   Rasict bull@@@@

LexsMami
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM

That is awesome!!!!!!!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

good 

Quoting chica1965:

mom-to-3-kids
by Member on Apr. 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I can't believe they would pass a law like that... I'm so for the protest :)

Quoting LexsMami:

That is awesome!!!!!!!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

good 

Quoting chica1965:

chica1965
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Saddly I am not surprised   We live in a very  biggoted nation  Spoiled and entitled and afraid someone might get a piece of the cake 

It breaks my heart and makes my blood boil  I will not accept this for my children !!!  Not without a fight  

Quoting mom-to-3-kids:

I can't believe they would pass a law like that... I'm so for the protest :)

Quoting LexsMami:

That is awesome!!!!!!!

Quoting sophiesmom07:

good 

Quoting chica1965:

"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated. "   Corretta Scott King

Joqui
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I am happy that they are protesting I just hope that we keep it civil and peaceful... we don't need any extra bull... if you know what I mean, they are already saying that we are violent and criminals and that it's not helping us in any way

chica1965
by on Apr. 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I think that  the  haters are more of a risk to us     Its hate that breeds violence 

Supervane
by Vane on Apr. 27, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I'm more of a peaceful protest kind of gal...

Supervane
by Vane on Apr. 27, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Joqui:

I am happy that they are protesting I just hope that we keep it civil and peaceful... we don't need any extra bull... if you know what I mean, they are already saying that we are violent and criminals and that it's not helping us in any way

I totally get what you are saying don't wanna give anyone more reasons...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)