Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAMAS LATINAS MAMAS LATINAS

Dia de Las Madres

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

Im curious to know, if any of you mamis here are going to get anything for your mamas?

I am getting my Mother, and My grandmothers, a card, and flowers.

Its not much, but now that I am a mama, I appreciate what they did for me. Not that I didnt appreciate them before, but I understand even more now. :D

I hope I get something though :D ( i know i know, its better to give than to recieve, but this is my first year being a Mama)

The proudest Mama to my son Charles. An awesome wife, to a good Husband. A veteran, Soldier, and Sergeant in the Army.

I am loud laughin, big smiling, proud serving, always loving, good cooking, bi-lingual, L.A girl, jeans wearing, community serving, beautiful Woman. wOrd.

by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joqui
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 2:50 AM

I am going to try to get my mom a nice charm bracelet with a charm representing me my brother and my kiddos =)

I have been neglecting her the past 2 mother's day and I feel really bad for doing it.. even though she knows that we couldn't afford it back then

Shabaam_CFC
by Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 3:02 AM

BUMP!

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I'm getting my mom and grandmother something. Not sure what to get them yet.  My mom is hard to please so it makes it difficult to buy her a gift.  I really should start looking!

4evamami
by Awilda on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I'm spending Mothers day with My mom, My children, and my sister and her children. So it will be all of us Celebrating Mothers Day. We will be going out for lunch.

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hmmm, I'm not sure what I am getting my mother. She is coming to visit after Mother's Day so maybe I will wait until then to give her an actual gift. I am sending a card from myself and one from the kids also.

Congrats on this being your first Mother's Day!

baby in sling

dorky_goddess
by Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Since mi madre lives on the East Coast, she's unable to just see my kids, whenever she wants to.  So, I'm putting together a little scrapbook of pictures of the kids, so she can see how they've grown. 

I saw this quilt for my husband's grandma.  We can put a custom made message in it, and she'll love it.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna get mi suegra, and unfortunately, mi abuela died two years ago.

RainyRain
by Reyna on Apr. 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Ever since I started working I bought mom a card and a gift (jewlery, clothes, purse or home appliances) I am still not sure what to get her this year but definitely without a doubt I will get her something.

Oh and we always celebrate Mother's day on May 10.

blancatx
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

My older sister and I  always buy her something expensive together..  Not sure what to get this year.  Maybe a new refigerator.. 

angie582
by Angie-México on Apr. 30, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Im getting my mom some perfume & roses an d my aunts a teddy bear mommy holding a baby teddy bear(too cute) a total of 6 aunts and my grandma(i call her mom) some mariachi & some roses :)...super excited!

Cafe Veronica
by Veronica-Puerto Rico on Apr. 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Great ideas!

Quoting dorky_goddess:

Since mi madre lives on the East Coast, she's unable to just see my kids, whenever she wants to.  So, I'm putting together a little scrapbook of pictures of the kids, so she can see how they've grown. 

I saw this quilt for my husband's grandma.  We can put a custom made message in it, and she'll love it.

I'm still not sure what I'm gonna get mi suegra, and unfortunately, mi abuela died two years ago.

Cafe Verónica

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN