Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much should i be feeding my 7 month old?

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hola mamas,

I guess my question today is, how much to give my DS.

My routine goes as follows, when he wakes up between 8-9, i give him 6oz.

At lunch 4oz, sometimes i give him fruit for lunch, either peaches, or pears.

At dinner around 7pm, he gets 4 oz of formula... and 5 to 6 spoonfuls of 1st stage baby food, usually a vegetable, like sweet potatoes. 

He wakes up once between midnight and 2, and I give him 4oz.

Is this enough? Or should I be giving him more?

Should i be introducing more baby food?

Thanks for the help :D

The proudest Mama to my son Charles. An awesome wife, to a good Husband. A veteran, Soldier, and Sergeant in the Army.

I am loud laughin, big smiling, proud serving, always loving, good cooking, bi-lingual, L.A girl, jeans wearing, community serving, beautiful Woman. wOrd.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Joqui
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I think you are right on track... if he's gaining weight like he's suppose to and consistent I wouldn't worry.. my dd eats like a pig and is TINY lol.. but she's consistent...

Shabaam_CFC
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Quoting Joqui:

I think you are right on track... if he's gaining weight like he's suppose to and consistent I wouldn't worry.. my dd eats like a pig and is TINY lol.. but she's consistent...

Lol. ;p thanks. I wont know for another two months if hes gaining weight properly. I mean I think he is, he has the chubby cheeks, legs and arms. He looks perfect to me, but hes my baby :D

The proudest Mama to my son Charles. An awesome wife, to a good Husband. A veteran, Soldier, and Sergeant in the Army.

I am loud laughin, big smiling, proud serving, always loving, good cooking, bi-lingual, L.A girl, jeans wearing, community serving, beautiful Woman. wOrd.

Joqui
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

well in the picture you have he looks absolutely beautiful and yes.. perfect :)

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:05 AM

It sounds fine to me. My daughter will be 7 months old tomorrow and she is very underweight because of feeding issues. I am trying to introduce more foods to her so she gets nurses every 3 hours during the day and then eats rice cereal, mashed black beans, sweet potatoes, green beans, and I am introducing avocado this week. She needs the extra fat so that is why are are offering the beans and avocado right now. 

USDA Guidelines 

sophiesmom07
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I think you could give him a little more baby food or a snack like yogurt, maybe between lunch and dinner. You could also make a puree of new veggies and introduce him to it. If he rufuses, then you'll know for sure he is not hungry and doesn't need any more food.

Supervane
by Vane on May. 3, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Sounds normal to me - maybe in addition to jar foods you can introduce things like Cheerios for snax or just to play with LoL - my baby got a real kick out of Cheerios, she use to stab them with her little fingers...

SabrinaL
by on May. 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM

At 7 months most of baby's nutirents should be coming from breastmilk or formula.  I would not offer more solids if you are concerned offer more of the bottles. I am not a formula feed (which from your post it looks like you are) so I'm not sure what a normal bottle for a 7 month old is like.  I know when my kids were 7 months they were taking 3oz ever 3 hours of pumped breastmilk while I was at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)