Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPANGLISH @ HOME

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM
  • 24 Replies

WHAT IS YOUR PRIMARY LANGUAGE @ HOME ? FLUENT ENGLISH? SPANISH OR SPANGLISH? OR OTHER?  DO YOU CORRECT YOURSELF & OTHERS? WHAT ABOUT YOUR ENVIORMENT? WE SPEAK ENGLIGH @ HOME. WE TRY TO LEARN NEW VOCABULARY IF POSSIBLE. BUT MY YOUNG SON, CAN NOT CARRY A CONVERSATION IN PROPER SPANISH OR SPANGLISH. HE HAS SO MUCH TO LEARN. WHAT ABOUT YOU?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joqui
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:39 AM

We speak English... but I TRY to remember to speak Spanish to the kids so that they can learn... meh, it's not going so good

angie582
by Angie-México on May. 2, 2010 at 2:54 AM

we speak english at home but at my grandmas or their grandparents they know they have to speak spanish...my mom tells em she geos deff if she hears english lmbo

DollofMalice
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2010 at 9:13 AM

I don't speak spanish, so the kids speak english. However, I try to teach them what I can so they learn to count in spanish, some words, but never really enough to carry a conversation. I hope we can all learn more someday. If I end up homeschooling, they will definitely become more fluent in other languages. 

PRMommy86
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM

We speak spanish at home. Sometimes a little of Spanglish. The only time we speak English at home is if we have company over, that of corse dont speak Spanish.

Mommy to Hector, SAHM, and proud Army Wife.

Join us on the MAMAS LATINAS  Group Mod

SDbabe
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM

We speak english.

Honeybun09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM

We speak mostly English here. I will say small Spanish words to my 14 month old.

Rock-a-bye, babies group,
right on CafeMom:
When the posts start,
The group willl rock;
When the advice flows,
No member will fail;
Down will go baby,
sleeping night and all.
Credit: Cafe Elizabeth

Come join the Babies group today!
Mother Goose Day Celebration May 3!
See you there! ~Honeybun09~Babies Mod~

PedrosGirl86
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM

i let their family know only spanish to them and my only english so at home its a mix of english and spanish.....its so so they understand and how to speak they just don't

Supervane
by Vane on May. 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM

English

JenniL05
by Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Lots of Spanglish! English is my first language but I do all right with Spanish too. My husband is perfectly bilingual. I know enough so that mi suegra (who knows no English whatsoever) can call me up and talk a mile a minute, it may take me longer to answer her but I understand. :P We do a lot of switching back and forth with languages but we've been making an effort to use more Spanish now so our son will pick it up easier.

shorty_girl330
by Jessica V- Mexico on May. 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM
alot of english. sometimes spanglish so the kids can learn
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)